Chapter Eleven

"So what happened to that leg?" Blake asks. I shrug as we walk out to the stables. Well, as he walks and hobble over with my crutches.

"I fell on the way down. I was lucky Flynn was with me. The doctor said it was a minor sprain so I only have to wear it for the next week," I explain. He nods as we enter the room where all of the horses are kept.

"So we're probably not going to ride today are we?" he asks. I shake my he'd and walk over to Miley.

"Nope. I just wanted to come out and see the horses and thought that you might want to come along," I state. He nods and walks around the stables looking at the horses.

"So, have you been on dates with all of the men?" he asks, trying to sound casual. I shake my head.

"Nope. I have like five more but I don't want to go. It's like the world wants me to fall for this guy but be interested in another a day later," I complain.

"I see. So, you weren't a fan of this whole Selection thing?" he asks.

"No. My father said the same thing but he and my mother are a perfect couple. I will never find a love as cute as theirs," I toss out. He nods and brushes one of the horses.

After a few minutes he speaks up. "Do you hunt?" he asks. I nod.

"I do with guns sometimes. My brother and father are excellent with bow hunting. I, on the other hand, can't knock the stupid arrows with out it sliding around. One time I shot one throw the palace windows. I haven't been allowed to practice archery since," I say. He chuckles.

"So I take it your red hair is the only thing you have in common with Merida?" (Sorry, I had to) Blake asks.

"Who?" I ask.

"Oh. She is from a fairy tale. We should go hunting sometime. All of the men should," he suggests.

"That sounds fun. We should once we get down to enough so we have enough horses," I comment.
I don't really know what I was going to do with this chapter so... I'm drawing blanks. I would love some ideas if you all have any.

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.