Chapter 76

One word. Nostalgia.
Another thing, it's been 6 years bc I wanted them to be adults. Ain't y'all tired of puppy love kids in high school? And another thing, why would Cass be mad at Saint? They broke up 6 years ago.💀 one more thing, I need to update at my own pace. I have a lottttttaaaa things goin on in my life and Wattpad is just one of them🤦🏽‍♀️ antyways...
***
Cassie Davis
My body was trembling. Literally trembling. My heart was racing too. Racing like I just ran a race. There stood Saint Royalty fucking Smith. In my face, tall as ever, hair long and in braids, skin gleaming and bright, smelling of expensive cologne, covered in jewelry, and new face tats. One that read 'Skai' real small on the side of his face.

"S-Saint..." I stuttered, walking up to him.

I didn't know what to say. The fact that we were within the same breathing range was blowing me right now. The fact that the boy I loved many years ago stood before me, now a man. A big shot basketball player with paparazzi and fans chasing after him as we spoke. But he didn't care.

"Oh my god." Christin whispered behind me in shock.

There were no words between us. Just stares. Looking at each other head to toe. It was nothing like the first time we reunited.

***
6 years ago...
...Our eyes were glued to each other's. It wasn't awkward at all. It felt as if by staring, I would figure out who he was.

"You know what Harper. I'm gonna go talk to him now." I said, putting my mini Tommy Hilfiger duffle bag down.

Before Harper could say anything, I marched towards the boy. We were now face-to-face.

"Hi I'm Cassie." I smiled. What's your name?"

"What are you doing?" I heard someone whisper from behind me

I turned around to see it was only Harper so I waved her off.

"Wait, is your full name Cassidy Davis?" He asked, biting his bottom lip.

"Y-yeah." I stuttered.

I knew, I knew this boy from somewhere.

"It's me, Saint Smith." He smiled.

My heart dropped into my stomach.

"Saint Smith?" I blushed.

"Yeah Cass! It's me" He smiled.

"You look so different!" I squealed.

"You do too girl!" He exclaimed, looking me up and down.

Out of instinct, I threw my arms around him, taking him by surprise.

I was so happy I started to feel tears well up in my eyes. This was the Saint Smith I grew up with. The one I spent everyday with. The one that gave me my first kiss. And the one who moved away without saying goodbye.