s i x t y t h r e e

I COULD HEAR voices

I COULD HEAR voices. I wasn't sure how many though, as it felt like I was in the middle of a stadium and their voices were echoing around me. I felt like I was under a heavy blanket of sleep and struggled to wake up. But one by one, all my sense came back to me. 

"But what if she wakes up and I'm standing here shirtless?" The voice was light and bubbly and definetly belonging to that of one Noah O'Conner, "She might fall in love with my abs which will be absolutely tragic because I love Penny..." 

"She's not going to fall in love with your abs after a coma, Noah." The monotone voice explains, slightly amused though.

"She could though. I saw it in a movie..." Noah counters and I think I rolled my eyes behind my closed eyelids. This is damn deja vu. 

A wave of nostalgia washes over me. It felt like the very first time I woke up in the dorm, with the three of them arguing about waking me up. I start chuckling at the memory. 

"She's awake..." Noah mumbles before screaming, "She's awake!" 

My eyes open just in time to see Noah sprinting from the room, chocolate pudding running down his grey shirt. It made me laugh even more. 

I slowly adjust to the abundance of light flooding in through the floor to ceiling windows on the left wall. Levi sat on the chair beside me, chuckling to himself as he brings his eyes back to me. 

"Everyone just left to go get lunch a few minutes ago. If he's lucky, he'll meet them in the parking lot." Levi chuckles as I smile in peace and my eyes flutter shut. They then snap open a few seconds later. 

"Chase." I state before I take the wires from my hands, throw the pristine white covers off me and through my legs over the edge of the bed, "Where's Chase. I need to go see him. Where is he Levi? Where is Chase?"

"Hayden..." Levi trails off slowly as my movements slow and I glance over my shoulder at him, "Chase...he...he didn't..."

No. No no no nononono.

I felt like a million bullets at shot at my stomach in that very second. All I could do was stare at Levi's blank face as my hands grip the edge of the bed. Levi then opens his mouth to continue and I brace for the worst

"He didn't even get put in a room on this floor. The fucker is living it large up the top." Levi finishes as a large smile spreads across his lips. I almost collapse on the bed. Even though it was only for five seconds, it felt like a millennium. My heart has never felt like that before. I think that's what true heartbreak is like. That shit fucking hurted man. 

"You fucking asshole!" I shout as I hurl a pillow at his face, "You almost gave me a heart attack." 

"I'm sorry, I've just always wanted to do that." Levi shrugs indifferently and I remembered that Levi wasn't like everyone else. He was cold and uncaring and a sociopath. He was so fucking beautiful.