Asgard

(Y/n): your name
(L/n): last name
-_-_-_-_-_-_

When you woke up in a room you didn't recognize your survival instincts kicked in. You start by surveying your surroundings. You're sitting in a bed covered in silk and fur, and it was softer than any mattress Stark could buy. The rest of the room looked like something out of a storybook. Expensive tapestries and fancy weapons adorned the walls, and there was a massive amount of gold covering most of the whole room.

You throw your covers off to stand up and noticed you were no longer in your usual attire. Instead, you were wearing a thin white cotton shirt and some loose black pants, something you could have gotten from a renaissance fair. The feeling of the cold marble floor on your feet meant you didn't have any shoes, a problem if you had to fight or run but it would do for now.

There were two big double doors that were most likely the exit, but you knew better to run out without knowing what you were dealing with. For all, you knew there could be a hundred bad guys with guns on the other side. Instead, you decided to open the blinds to see if you could recognize any landmarks. That would be useful... if you were still on Earth.

You remember that from your room in the tower, you can almost see all of New York City, a sight you didn't think could be beat. But the sight in front of you now was just... breathtaking. It was like a city made of gold. No traffic, smog, or car alarms, you weren't in New York anymore.

In the distance, you could see a road- no a bridge that seemed to be shimmering and leading to a building shaped like a dome. "Colorful bridge, I must be on Asgard."

The memory of what happened started slowly coming back to you. You went through the Bifrost with Thor, thinking it was going to be a simple trip but after something had grabbed Thor your memory gets fuzzy from there. You assumed your friend made it out fine and then brought you to his place in Asgard. Perhaps he was in his room or woke up early to train as he did back home.

The sound of the big double doors opening startled you. Your paranoia getting the best of you, made your senses go on high alert, making you grab the decorative sword off the wall near you and hide it behind your back. Asgard or not you didn't feel comfortable being unarmed around strangers.

"Oh, you're awake." A red-haired woman carrying a neat stack of clothes and a pair of boots walked into your room, she smiled as she placed everything on the edge of the bed. She also looked like she belonged at a renaissance fair. "I was told to bring you a fresh set of clothes and then take you to the theatre."

"Thank you? Uh... do you mind if I ask where I am, and how I got here?"

"You're in the palace of Asgard of course, you came through the Bifrost unconscious and the All-Father ordered to have you put in one of our best rooms," she explained.

"Is Thor around, he's the one who brought me here."

"No, none of the princes have been here for a while." Perhaps Thor had to go back to Earth, but Loki was supposed to be here?

"Can I assist you any further sir?"

"No, that's okay, I should probably get changed." The lady told you she would wait for you outside and left you alone in your room once again.

A lot of things weren't making sense right now. Did Thor just leave you here? Wasn't Loki supposed to be on Asgard? And most importantly who the hell changed your clothes while you were unconscious? Placing the sword, you had been hiding behind your back onto the bed you decide to just go along with everything until know what's up.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

The woman, who you learned was named Thyra, lead you through the halls of the palace after you had dressed. She patiently answered all your questions and seemed amused when you would look around in awe. The tower was small compared to this place.

"Why did Odin ask for me?" you asked her. What would an almighty god want with you?

"I don't know. Nobody can really tell why the All-Father does anything these days, but we know better than to question him."

"Uh-huh... Do you know what happened to my other clothes?"

"We were ordered to get rid of them."

"Why-" As you were about to ask, you noticed you were getting close to an enormous statue made entirely of gold. It wasn't the material it was made of that caught your eye; it was who it was depicting.

"Is that Loki?" you could recognize the trickster anywhere with his signature helmet. As you and Thyra got closer you marveled at how detailed the monument was.

"Yes, All-Father had it made some time after Loki was sent to Midgard," she explained.

"Why?"

"For what he did to help his brother on Svartalfheim, the dark world."

"Yeah okay, I'm going to pretend I know what any of that means."

You both enter the theatre and she led you near the front of the stage where an older man with long white hair and a beard was lounging on a chair with people tending to him. You notice once you're close enough that he had a gold eyepatch covering his right eye.

"Jeez is everything made out of gold in this place?" You murmured to yourself.

"(L/n) is here, just as you asked my lord," Thyra announces. That's Odin?

"Ah yes, (L/n). Come sit here," Odin told you. The people around him seemed shocked he was allowing a Midgardian to sit so close to him when Thor's girlfriend was here, he didn't even want her on Asgard.

Feeling uncomfortable you sat at the edge of Odin's seat as he continued to eat grapes served to him by his servants. Was this really the wise old king Thor spoke so highly about? Was this the same horrible father Loki described?

"Uh, Mr. Odin, sir? Why exactly did you ask for me?" The crowd around you whispered to themselves as you spoke to their king.

"Ah yes of course. Loki has spoken very highly of you," he answered but he seemed more interested in the bowl of grapes offered to him.

"You've spoken to Loki?" From what Thyra has told you, Loki hasn't been on Asgard for a while.

"It was brief, but yes we have spoken."

"Where is he now? He's supposed to come back to Earth with Thor and me."

"He's... not here. Now enough about that, the play is about to start." he settled back on his seat ignoring your question.

"Wait what about Tho-" A woman nearby shushed you as the curtains open revealing actors on stage who look like the royal family.

"What the hell did I get myself into?"