one- midtown high

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

*Beep* *Beep*

Ugh. 1st day at a new high school and I'm in sophomore year now. That means more homework, more stress and less free time. I look at my alarm; 6:30 AM. It's not that early, school starts at 8:00 AM so I think I will be fine.

I went to the bathroom and the cold water splashing on my face woke me up completely.

Once I was in the kitchen, I was welcome by the smell of delicious pancakes. Yum.

"Hi sweetie, how are you feeling for your first day at Midtown High!" My mom asked while flipping the pancakes.

"I mean, it is a fresh start but I've had more than 5 fresh starts!" I chuckled nervously.

My mom stopped her actions and looked at me with empathy in her eyes, "Y/N, I'm so sorry that you have to move very frequently but... it's because of your dad's job. I hope you understand." she said while giving me the pancakes.

"Yeah, I know."

"But the good thing is that we will probably stay here in NYC for a long time because your dad has scored a permanent spot at Modern Ent."

We moved to Queens, NYC mid this year because my dad was transferred as a permanent promoter in a large company called Modern Entertainment so I guess we won't be moving away for a while but since he is a promoter he's usually overseas or out of town promoting for the products they design. So I don't see him often.

Our family had to always move mostly once every year because of my dad's job. So I always had to move schools which was a bit annoying because as soon as I started to develop friendships I would move away.

But the only time I stayed at a school for more than a year was from start of Grade 6 to start Grade 8. It was Fernhill Middle School. I had the most amazing time there. My friends were so nice and caring and the teachers were great. It was the best school I've ever been in. What made school even better was that, in my entire life I've never even had the time to think about liking anyone because I knew I was going to get heartbroken anyways when I moved away. But there was this one boy who I couldn't resist.

He was Anthony. Anthony Roberts. I sort of had a crush on him. Well I guess I was crushing majorly on him. He was handsome from the depth of his eyes to the kind expressions of his voice. Everything that he had did just made him so wonderful. I loved the way he was gentle and caring to everyone, how he was good at mostly everything. He was the best at sports and was very smart. Him and I were always the two who would challenge for the top in the class, except I had defeated him every time. I was only 12 years old but my heart was sold to him.

He was one of the reasons that wanted me to stay at Fernhill along with my marvellous best friends of course. But I guess sometimes, you just got to let things in your past go and embrace what you have now.