【43】Mary Who?!

As it turned out, we had remained in his office for longer than I thought, arguing, kissing, and talking

As it turned out, we had remained in his office for longer than I thought, arguing, kissing, and talking. It had been just late enough for everyone to have gone home, and we hadn't seen anyone from Kelex since leaving his office. The elevator ride down was overwhelmingly silent. Because we'd agreed on having sex, it didn't mean all of the tension and uneasiness between us was gone.

Although the silence could be interpreted as awkward or solemn, it was welcomed for once. It allowed me to run the pros and cons of going all the way with Lex. The cons were mostly work-related. As much as I didn't want to lose this job, I was tired of resisting him. I had tried listening to reason, and now I would try listening to my body.

The pros were mostly about finding out if the attraction I felt for him would result in absolute sexual bliss, or if it would turn out disappointing. I was curious and also terribly tempted to experience this. From the moment we'd shared in his car, and what had just happened in his office, I was pretty confident I would die of pleasure in his arms. Please, if there is some justice in this world, let Lex be incredible at this. I wasn't compromising everything for mediocre sex.

As for the emotions and feelings, I wasn't worried they would be involved. This wouldn't go any further than the physical exchange. Lex and I wouldn't have some great love story. It was going to be some rough, steamy, mind-blowing sex, and then we'd get back to our lives as if nothing had happened. People did it every day. People not supposed to sleep together were doing it, and then they kept on living. I'd do the same.

We got out of the elevator, and I followed Lex into the parking lot. I was more nervous than I would care to admit, but I was keeping a strong facade. We reached his car, and I went for the passenger's seat as he sat on his side. Despite what we were on our way to do, a wave of embarrassment warmed up my face. The last time I'd been in here, over a week ago, I'd ended up grinding on his lap and almost taking him inside of me.

I discreetly turned to him, wanting to see if the same thoughts were racing through his mind, but nothing transpired from his usual neutral expression. Now that I knew I would have sex with him, I was looking at him differently. For the next few hours, the man wasn't my boss. He was just Alexander, the brooding genius, and I was Andy, the geeky nobody. Yay, way to boost my ego...

He didn't notice my uneasiness and started the engine. "Is someone going to be waiting for you?" he asked, turning to me.

Our eyes met, and my heart skipped a beat. Oh, shit. I was never going to get over tonight, was I?

I realized he'd asked me a question, and my brain tried to process the words despite the latency. Oh, right, I should warn Tammy.

"Yes," I eventually said, struggling to take out my phone. He cocked his brow up, and I realized how it may sound that I had someone waiting for me at home. "My roommate, she's expecting me."

Lex's brow slowly moved down, and he drove us out of the parking lot while I was typing on my phone. After I sent her a quick message, telling her something had come up, and I didn't know what time I'd be home, I looked up at the passing streets. Lex took a few turns that confused me. He wasn't going South as I'd expected, but North.