18: Isabelle

I was sitting in my room, looking at some old pictures in the old photo albums I had made. They were hilarious! Alec eating spaghetti when he was 3 with it all over his face.

I turned the page to see a picture, of Alec, Max, and I when we were much younger. A stab of pain and sadness courses through me as I saw Max. I missed him so much.

Then I had a random flashback:

"Look at me Izzy!" 7 year old Max called down from the tree he was sitting in.

We were in the garden, at the Institute, and Max was adamant that he would climb a tree.

"Maxy be careful up there!" I fussed.

Beside me Alec laughed. "You know how he is Isabelle. I'm going to go inside, can you watch Max?"

"Yup." I said and Alec left.

A few moments later Max had called out:

"Isabelle I'm gonna fall!!"

I looked up to see Max dangling from a branch.

"Max, let go and I'll catch you!" I called up to him.

"I'm scared to!" he said

"I promise I'll catch you." I said and he let go and sure enough I caught him.

"Thank you Izzy I love you." Max said as he hugged me tight.

"I love you too Maxy, I would never let anything happen to you."

END OF FLASHBACK

I felt tears run down my face as I thought about that memory. I had failed Max. I hadn't saved him. I then heard a knock at my door and I went and opened it.

Cecily stood outside and she immediately asked. "Are you alright?"

I let her and we both sat down on my bed.

"Are you okay?" she said gently.

"No I'm not. My younger brother got killed not too long ago, and I miss him so much." I choke out.

" You know, Will and I had a sister. She got killed too, her name was Ella." Cecily says sadly.

"Who killed her?" I ask.

" A demon." She says very bitterly, but then says. "I know how you feel Isabelle."

"Call me Izzy, everyone does." I say smiling a bit.

Cecily smiles back at me and then says.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Okay go for it." I say.

"Does Will marry Tessa?" she asks and I freeze.

Should I tell her? Magnus told us, not to tell anyone anything.

"I can't tell you." I say sadly

"Please Izzy, I swear I won't tell anyone. I just really want to know." She pleads

"Okay fine. Yes, they end up marrying each other." I say quickly and Cecily stands up.

"Oh I knew it! but what about Jem then?" she asks puzzled.

"You'll find out. Don't worry." I say sadly obviously knowing what happens to Jem.

Cecily and I talk for a about an half an hour afterwards, and then she leaves. I'm finding that I really enjoy her company the most out of anyone. I'm going to be very sad when she goes back to London.