36

Rosanna waited impatiently at the airport, tapping her foot and constantly checking the time on the various clocks displayed around her. She stood in a crowd of people, all craning their necks to look above others, over at the closed sliding doors. Taking her phone out again, for what must've been the fourteenth time, she rechecked her messages to make absolutely sure that she got the "I've landed" message.

  She kept bouncing back and forth between little cracks where she could see the doors and groaned every time someone stepped in her way. She was at the international arrivals terminal. Like a weight lifting off her shoulder, the doors finally opened and the first thing she saw was that gelled quiff. The widest smile creeping to her face, Rosanna pushed through everyone in front of her and sprinted up to him as he walked out. The second he saw her he dropped his carry-on bag and caught her in his arms as she leapt onto him, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his torso.

  Alex chuckled and hugged her back tightly. Pulling back to look at her, she dipped her head down and kissed him hard and passionately, telling him just how much she'd missed him on his week away. Alex missed the taste of her lips like he missed an addiction. He kissed her fully, engulfing her lips in his like he was consummating his return. Eventually Rosanna moved her legs from around him and he carefully lowered her back onto the ground.

  Alex smiled down at her, professing his love in just the way he looked at her. One hand in her hair and the other on her waist. All he could think about was how much he missed her and how he couldn't wait to move in with her. They weren't far off now, most of Rosanna's apartment had been boxed up and she'd let her landlord know that she was moving out. Once her time there was up she was going to stay with Alex in his apartment until all of their belongings had been shipped over and they could move into their new house.

  "So what's the verdict?" Rosanna asked, her arms around his waist.

  Alex smiled softly and stroked her cheek with his thumb, "looks like we've got ourselves a house." Rosanna's face lit up and she pulled him into a tight hug. It took her awhile to finally warm up to the idea of moving but eventually she convinced herself that only good could come of it. They both came to the agreement that they were going to give LA a chance and Alex had just been over, scouting out the few houses they'd selected that they may want to live in online.

  The original plan was to rent an apartment for the first few months just to test the waters until Alex decided that if he was going to move in with Rosanna he was going to do it right and right to him meant moving into a house of their own. Alex decided that he was going to keep his apartment in Sheffield so that he could move to and from England whenever he pleased. Matt and the rest of the band had decided they too were going to move to Los Angeles and with that, the packing began. It was difficult to record when they had the studio booked whilst they were packing everything up but they got into the swing of things pretty quickly. Andrew and their management team had scouted out and pinpointed all the recording studios in LA that would be good for them and sent each respective band member the details.

  Rosanna's friends were beyond sad to hear that she was leaving so she promised them all she'd come back and visit and made lots of time to go and see them before she eventually headed off. Beth cried when she told her and made her further promise to message her all the time to keep her up to date with her life in LA.

  Alex knew Rosanna was unsure about the whole thing in the beginning so continued to assure her that if she didn't want to leave they didn't have to. To which she replied, "no. I want to." Alex was going to miss Sheffield like crazy, it was his home. So to commemorate his time there he and the band decided that on their last night, they would all get absolutely shitfaced.