Ch-2 The First Encounter

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

'Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet and Master Muhammad (s.a.s), all his blessed descendents and noble companions.'

- Aameen.

Chapter Two

The First Encounter

London, U.K.

The Couture Fashion Week in London was progressing in full swing, gaining rave reviews and already declared a great success by the assembled media.

Another long day had ended and the parties of the evening had just begun at the packed venue. Crossing the reception hall and entering through the glass doors George paused, his gaze scanning the crowded lounge filled with both impeccably or informally dressed men and women in the height of fashion.

He barely noticed the heady smell of various perfumes and aftershaves yet the rush of body heat from the large crowd was not to be denied. The music pounded from all around, mingling with the din of chatter and laughter mixed with the clinking of glasses as wine circulated freely with the appetising snacks.

Dressed in stylish jeans and a tucked in pale yellow shirt that was partly open, George Benedict shoved his hands inside the pockets of his long dark coat, his twinkling gaze still scanning the select throng of the VIP lounge.

His solitary moment ended when someone (obviously a woman) spotted him and uttered a delighted squeal. Not surprisingly, his designer confreres, super models and friends soon surrounded him. He was his usual charming self as they extolled and praised his collection that had been displayed that morning. Someone grabbed a passing waiter and handed George a glass of champagne, then as they toasted him, he laughed and tossed off the bubbling liquid.

"Where's Mattie?" he questioned a plump woman dressed in a long, velvet dress that offered more than a hint of her voluptuousness to others gaze. She was one of the leading fashion designers of the country.

"Mattie Jones? Oh, did you see her green dress? Not the short frilled one; I mean the amazing long silk... "

George interrupted her with a shake of his blonde head.

"I was busy with my own show today; I didn't get a chance –"

"... it was stunning, and the model who displayed it was something too!"

"Indeed?" George drawled in faint amusement, becoming slightly bored, for beautiful models in the fashion industry were as common as the numerous locations of Starbucks in Central London.

"Don't believe me?" The plump designer shrugged indifferently. "You have probably seen and been with them all." She giggled at her own joke while George snorted at the exaggeration, handing his empty glass to the waiter for a refill.

He came upon Angel who was talking earnestly with some guy model whose eyes were riveted upon her enticing body; she saw George and left the guy murmuring an excuse. Entwining her hand around George's arm Angel gave a teasing smile reminding him of his promise to dance with her. He shrugged and accepted his fate thinking she looked really sexy in her tiny ballerina dress. 

When finally he could get away from her, George spied his old college mate and friend Mattie Jones, surrounded by the usual crowd. She spotted him before he could reach her and with a surprised joyous cry, extricated herself and threw herself at him. George laughed and swept her off her feet, then kissed both her cheeks while she gazed at him critically, her arms still around his neck.