PART 2, AUTHOR'S NOTE - 1/10/14, 4:24pm

Author's Note 

I can't believe I actually finished Part 2! I had to stay up all night to do it, but I finished ahead of schedule. I just really want to thank everyone so much who's written to me with all the encouragement. It really means a lot to me. 

I actually have to say how all this happened, this time. Because it was kind of crazy. 

So, my dad—he's like, really strict—found out that I'd stayed up all night finishing Part 2. Or, he sort of found out.

His rule is "lights out" at 10:30pm. I'd turned my bedroom light off by then, but I ended up staying up much later than I'd planned writing in bed on my laptop. I really wanted to finish a draft. 

My dad always gets up for work at 4:30, and I didn't even realize how late it had gotten. He must have heard me typing or something, because he knew right away that I'd been up on my computer all night. He doesn't let me have a lock on my door, so he can just open it. When he looked in, I didn't have time to close my laptop or pull my covers over my head. But I'm really lucky that I always keep my Facebook page up, and at least I had time to open my web browser as fast as I could before he looked at my screen and saw what I was really working on. 

My dad doesn't really know what Facebook is, or how it works. I kind of lied and suggested I'd been on Facebook all night. He got all pissed, and he gave me this lecture about how important it is for me to get sleep, and how me and all my friends are addicted to the internet.

So, for my "punishment," he turned off our internet connection. I know it's stupid, and it doesn't really make sense, but that's what he did, because I "need to know that there are consequences" if I "choose to stay up all night on Facebook." Blaaghh.

But, luckily, Kyle totally saved me. ("Kyle" isn't really his name, just like "Bailey Simms" isn't my real name, but I kind of have to keep all of this private so I don't get caught.) He's this really sweet guy in my class. He's not exactly my boyfriend, just this really nice, really good guy who I sort of grew up with. Ever since I've had to stay home from school for my treatments, he's been like my best friend, even if we mostly just talk on the phone and text.

Anyway, his parents just got him an iPad, and it has this Hotspot thing where you can use an iPad as a Wi-Fi router. I told him my dad turned off our internet, but I didn't tell him what I needed it for. (I haven't told anyone but my teacher that I'm publishing online, and she promised not to tell anyone; she even wrote my Dead in Bed book description for me and showed me how to use Gimp to make the book cover.) I only told him that I had a bunch of Facebook messages to respond to, which I did, but really I mostly wanted to upload the next part of my series.

He's so sweet, he didn't even ask any questions. He just drove up to my house and parked his car across the street. He knew he wouldn't be able to see me. He just called me from his car and told me he would sit there with his iPad Hotspot turned on as long as I needed to use the Wi-Fi, then he gave me the password. I never expected he would do anything like that. 

So, anyway, I just wanted to say thank you, "Kyle." You're really the best. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you. It's honestly the best part of my day when you call me. I know you can't read this because I haven't told you about this book yet. But without you, I wouldn't have been able to publish this installment at all. So this one's for you. 

xxBailey 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please VOTE 🌟 before continuing! Thanks! ;) xxBailey

DEAD IN BED continues with Dead in Bed, Part 3: Going Down Six Feet Under. You can continue reading right now on Wattpad.