Chapter 21: Strange Star Spirit (1)

The voice came from a beautiful person in red. They were slender and charming, dazzling and fiery with their phoenix eyes giving everyone a piercing look.

Lanying shook her head. "Yang Peng, how did you escape again?" She didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the Seventh Prince suddenly appearing in Star Spirit Mountain, but she can imagine the reaction of the emperor when he finds out that his most troublesome son has wandered off again.

This time out of the country.

Yang Peng smiles and walks on over to the four, greeting the two elders first in respect. "Seventh Prince Yang Peng of the Yang Kingdom greets Third Elder Xin and Fifth Elder Liu." When he mentioned his name, the young ladies around the area started to tidy up their acts in order to gain his attention.

Elder Xin and Elder Liu nod their heads to Yang Peng and continued on with the entrance tests until Lanying spoke up.

"Third Elder, Fifth Elder. If my constellation is only at three stars, then why didn't I get a Star Spirit?" Many people who were accepted by the sphere before her had acquired Star Spirits and none of them had complete constellations such as Yin Long's. So for Lanying who only has three stars completed in hers, why didn't a Star Spirit appear before her?

"You have no Star Spirit?" Third Elder Xin turns to her with a disbelieving expression until he saw there was exactly no tiny spirit accompanying her.

What was going on? Disciples with complete constellations would not have Star Spirits. It was rare for someone without a complete constellation to not have one.

Fifth Elder Liu observes Yin Lanying for a moment and stood up from his chair to walk to the entrance.

"For those who were accepted, follow us into the mountain trail." Fifth Elder Liu stated, opening up the door and allowing the new disciples to follow him in. His action caused some non-citizens of Starlight Town to glare at Lanying in hidden anger, as they didn't get a chance to test their cultivation level.

"Liangfei? Hm." Third Elder Xin was confused at why Elder Liu suddenly wanted to go back but proceeded to gather the new disciples to enter the door.

"Don't mind them, let's go." Yang Peng immediately reassures her, causing the ladies to envy her. The pressure of the people and the ladies were a foreign feeling to Lanying but just as her best friend said, there was no need to mind them.

"Brother Long, Sister Xingxing. Come on there's no need to mind them!" She quickly led her two siblings into the mountain trail as she found them trying to fight with the people who were threatening her with looks.

What was with their overprotectiveness? It's not like she was that delicate to break anytime soon.

After she and the other four had entered through the door, it soon closed when everyone was in the trail to the Star Spirit Sect.

. . .

It took awhile for the disciples to cross the trail into the sect's spacious floating arena that had two people waiting for them to show up.

One of them was Senior Rong Kui who Lanying noticed. She remembered that Senior Rong was going to take part of the second test to determine whether the weapon was compatible with the wielder.

"Rongrong, are those two the ones you mentioned who already had their weapons figured out by you?" The woman next to her was wearing a pink dress with orange-yellow hair that flowed down like a river in the sunset.

Rong Kui looked over to the crowd to see Yin Long and Yin Lanying heading over to them guided by the two elders. She then sees Yin Xingxing, Yang Tian and Yang Peng following along with them as well.

"Yep, and I didn't think the girl who has the Blue Fairy's Sword would show up with two princes. I wonder which one of them will marry her~" She chuckles, "What do you think, Lady Taiyang?"

Lady Taiyang shook her head. "I've never seen you play matchmaker, but I'll have to say the Seventh Prince. At least he's not from any sects." As soon as she said that, Yang Peng seemed to have heard something and stares forward to the two women in the arena.

"Yang Peng, why are you following us anyways?" Lanying snapped him back to her attention unknowingly. The prince stares at Lanying and smirks.

"I also have business here. You know the Sect Leader, Huang Li Xia? I used to be his master."

". . . .But you're not old."

The people in front of them shook their heads at Yang Peng. They already have heard of the famous Seventh Prince being wild from escaping the Palace to befriending the commoners and being shameless to some degree. Therefore, he was the most easygoing prince to talk to without pressure.

"H-How can this prince be required to be old to be an old man's master? That's high standards, Lanying!"

"You dare to call a respected sect leader an old man?"

"Why not? He is old, right?"

"That's not what I mean!"