Really Like You (Chaewon x Reader)

Genre: Angst and a plot twist
Reminder: Enjoy the chapter😁

Third Person POV

Chaewon and Y/n are best friends since their childhood. Chaewon radiates an angel-like personality meanwhile Y/n radiates a devilish personality.

Y/n isn't a jerk but he's more of a prankster. Their schoolmates look at them as powerful siblings. However, Y/n has a crush on Chaewon.

He likes her because she's kind, beautiful, cute, understanding, and always helps people who are in need.

Y/n had already planned on confessing to Chaewon a lot of times in the past but never once he did actually confess to her.

"Y/n." Chaewon said.

"Yes?" He replied.

"I umm... I like this one guy at school. I won't tell you his name. He's very handsome and kind."

Hearing that, Y/n feels broken and sad inside but acts like he's happy for her.

"Ah, really? Well, if you really like him, you should confess to him. But it would be nicer if he confesses first. It's more romantic that way." He keeps on smiling and acts like he's fine.

"Can you tell me more about his personality?" Y/n regretted it as soon as he said those words.

"He's pretty tall. He's very kind and adorable. Sometimes, he could be an annoying jerk but most of the time he looks like a baby. He's so handsome that I fall for him even more. He can sing beautifully, dance perfectly, and is very dependable. He's very charming and attractive." Y/n held his fists preventing him from crying.

"That's a lot than what I imagined. He must be the perfect guy ever." She nodded.

"He really is. If he becomes mine, I would protect him at all costs."

"Until like that? Wow... You must love him so much." She blushed.

"Of course. I would be with him until the end of the world." On the other hand, Y/n is very hurt inside.

He regrets that he didn't confess to her earlier. If only he dared to confess to her, things would've been different now.

But right now, she has someone else in her heart. How regretful Y/n must be feeling right now? They both reach Chaewon's class after walking a while in recess time.

"Thank you very much, Y/n. For hearing all of my thoughts and about 'him'. You're the best friend I ever had."

Hearing the word 'friend' really made him hurt so much. He wished that this moment never happened.

He wanted to cry but he's holding his tears. He's in the urge of crying so he quickly said goodbye to Chaewon.

"I'll get going now, Chaewon-ah. Bye." He runs away ignoring her calling his name.

2 months later

In the past 2 months, Y/n starts to distance himself from Chaewon after she told him about it and she also notices it.

Y/n would try to skip class unlike before where he never skips classes and learns well in class.

He also would never come to school to avoid her even though she lives just in front of his house.

Chaewon had once gone to his house to walk together to school but his mom said he's 'sick' which is not true.

Chaewon tried to talk to him but he always gives excuses to avoid her. Until one day, Chaewon decides to talk to him after school ended.

Y/n packs his bag quickly and she notices his actions. She grabs his hand preventing him to go quickly but he pulls his hand quickly.

"Y/n. We have to talk."

"I have an appointment to attend. Bye."

"Yah, Kwon Y/n! Is that appointment more important than me? Am I just no one? You've... changed these past 2 months. You've ignored me, making me worry about you and I can't stop thinking about you! Y/n, why are you like this?"

"Chaewon-ah. I never asked you to worry about me. I never asked you to think about me. I never once needed your sympathy."

"I never sympathy to you! It's you who just thinks like that. You've been driving me nuts, Y/n. I can't even sleep because of you..."

"Why did you do that then?"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND!!!"

"Best...friend... I should've expected you to say that. I'll get going now." Suddenly, she hugs him tightly not wanting to let go and it made him cry.

"Let go of me, Chaewon-ah."

"Y/n. I know you're being like this because I have a crush on someone. Right now, I want you to be honest with me. Tell me everything that you always wanted to say to me. Then I'll tell his name." He turns around to face Chaewon with teary eyes.

"I... I like- No... I love you. I love you so much. I wanted to take care of you. I wanted you to be mine. But hearing all of those things you said about him made me feel hurt. I just... gave up on you. Because I don't want to be a bad guy who'll disturb your love story. I hate being that type of person."

"Y/n. I... I really... I waited like crazy for you to say that." He stopped crying and felt shocked.

"W.. What are you talking about?" She steps closer and kisses him.

"Chaewon-ah. You can't do-"

"That person is you. The crush that I've told you about... is you."

"Ch-Chaewon-ah."

"I love you, you idiot!!!" He doesn't know what to say at this moment.

"I really like you. A lot. Ever since we were kids, you had always taken care of me and I felt protected and loved by you. You are kind, adorable, charming, and attractive. Sometimes you could be an annoying freaking jerk but most of the time you... you're like a baby to me. You're so handsome that I fall for you even more. You can sing beautifully, dance perfectly and you're very dependable."

"Chaewon-ah..."

"Why couldn't you notice that..." She walks away but he turns her around and kissed her. This time it's pretty long but meaningful.

"I'm sorry that I'm so slow-witted. I'm sorry that I avoided you a lot of times. Chaewon-ah... Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes... Yes, of course, you idiot! I'd be with you for the rest of my life!"

She cried while saying it. He hugs her tightly. The warmth of his hug soothes her down. He wipes her tears.

"I promise you, Kim Chaewon. That I will never hurt you or leave you. I'll be with you until I breathe my last breath. I love you."

"Me too, Kwon Y/n. I love you too." They both hugged for a while before going back to their home.