Save me from the nothing (I've become)

AU where Peter is Tony and Pepper's bio son, and it's so happy...

Until it isn't.

This is the hydra fic so many of you have been asking about.

Hope you enjoy!

So much angst tho.

You probably will cri.

Muahahahaha.

"Hey Petey-pie." Tony cradled the small form of his baby. "What's up with you, huh? Keeping your mom up like this."

The one year old cooed, small hand patting his face.

"Yeah, you're cute. Course you are. You're my kid. Although you're half Pepper, so that might be where you get your looks."

The door creaked open behind them, and Pepper slipped in, hair falling around her face. "Did he wake you up?"

Tony stepped to her side, giving her a quick kiss. "Nah. You know how my sleep schedule is. Go on back to bed. I've got our little man."

She yawned, then bent down to kiss Peter's cheek. "Don't keep your dad up too long, buddy."

Then she kissed Tony's cheek. "Dont be up too late. I want you to get at least six hours of sleep."

Tony rolled his eyes lovingly. "Yes mom."

Just then Peter started whimpering again, sniffles turning to cries as Tony rocked him. "Hey little man, what's wrong? I need you to stop crying baby. I hate it when you cry and I can't do anything."

He sat back in the armchair, propping his son up between his chest and legs. "How about if I sing, huh? You always liked that."

"Try to remember," he began softly, rocking back and forth. "The kind of September..."

"Sir, Peter is at the door."

Tony looked up as the voice broke through the silence.

Peter was standing outside the lab door, eyes wet, thumb in his mouth.

He moved quickly to the door. "What's wrong with him?"

"I believe he had a nightmare, sir."

Tony sighed. "Why didn't you let him in?"

"Because you were on the 'Do Not Disturb' protocol."

Tony entered the code, letting the heavy door slide open. "Add that to the list of emergencies."

He pulled Peter into his arms, lifting him, and moving to the couch near the back. "What happened kiddo?"

Peter shook his head, sniffling quietly. "Had a bad dream."

"Yeah? I'm sorry. What was it about?"

The three year old's lip trembled. "Bad men took me from you and mommy."

Tears flowed in earnest, and Tony felt his heart wrench. "Oh baby... hey, it's okay. We're right here, okay? You're here, I'm here, Mom's here... nothing's happening, okay?"

Peter nodded tearfully, burrowing closer into Tony's arms. "Can I stay with you?"

"I don't know if mom would be too happy about that, baby." Inwardly Tony knew he couldn't deny his son this.

"Please? It's scary to be alone." Peter scrubbed at his face tiredly, blinking owlishly up at him. "An' I always can sleep with you there."

Tony's heart melted. "Okay. Just this once."