two- nice to meet ya

𝙰/𝙽: 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚍 '𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚊' 𝚋𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐:)

Y/N's POV

I went up the stairs then down the hallway and on my left it read Room B121. The hallways was filled with silence as if it was a library but as I walked past each classroom, I could hear the chatter from inside. It was nearly empty too since class had already started but there were a few students out and about but I think they were probably ditching class.

"Room B121" I muttered under my breath.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. "So I hope you all enjoy—" A tall man with glasses who had been talking, stopped and just stared at me. I smiled at him quite awkwardly.

Ugh Y/N, why are you always so awkward!

I sensed that the whole class was staring at me. So I broke the silence, "U-uh, hi I'm Y/N and I'm ne-new to Midtown. It's my first day. So I had to go to the office."

"That's why I was late." I added

The man's eye widen and came over to me and whispered "Get out of my class."

"I-I b-beg your pardon?"

"When I call you in, come in alright?" Before I could reply, he gently pushed me out of the class and closed the door.

I was so confused, I heard some murmuring from the man so I pressed my ear against the door so I can hear what he was saying more clearly.

"Okay class!! We have a newww student!! Very exciting, I know. Alrighty come inside Y/N!!" He sounded very excited. "Come inside Y/N." He repeated. I don't know if I'm supposed to go inside when he clearly told me to stay out here. I was so confused that I forgot that I was still pressing against the door so when he opened the door. I literally tripped on the floor and fell. On. My. Face.

"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were right near the door." The man apologized. He held out his hand and helped me up and lead me in front of the class. "Guys, this is Y/N L/N. She is a new student so I hope you guys will treat her well and if she is confused or lost please help her out. That's it." He clapped. " Alrighty, you can take a seat... hmm right next to..."

He was scanning the classroom for any spare seats, I was too. That's when I noticed a blonde girl waving, it was Betty and the seat next to her was unoccupied.

I waved back and the teacher noticed. "Well Y/N you can take the seat next to Betty. I'm Mr Harrington by the way. I'm the coach of the Academic Decathlon Team. You should totally join. Betty was in the team last year and she's probably gonna be in it this year too."

"That sounds great, Mr Harrington. I'll be sure to keep an eye out about that." I said then I scurried to my seat. Betty smiled at me then turned to me and whispered "I didn't know you were a Sophomore, that's so cool. Plus, you're in my homeroom and we do Chemistry, Bio,Physics Physical Education and English together with the people in our homeroom so that's even cooler."

"Yeah it is. It's great to be in the same classes as you." I agreed.

...

After my classes, it was lunch time. My favorite time at school. Once I got to the cafeteria, there was a huge line of people who were lining up to get cafeteria food. Ew gross. The cafeteria food at literally all my recents schools were horrible so I do not have a good memory of cafeteria food.

I looked around the cafeteria and saw Betty sitting at the table in the middle to the right. I approached her and she was sitting next to this girl, she was pretty.

Man, I wish I could look like her.

"Oh hi Y/N. You guys haven't met right? Y/N, This is Liz and Liz is this Y/N." Betty said while gesturing towards the pretty girl. "Y/N moved to Midtown this year." Betty added.

"Hi Y/N. Nice to meet you." She held out her hand. I shook it.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you too, Liz. It's a shame that you're not in our homeroom class."

She laughed and replied "Oh that's because I'm a senior. So I'm 2 years older than you and Betty but I knew Betty since kindergarten and our parents are very close that's why we're close friends." Betty was nodding beside her.

"Aw thats sweet." I said while sitting down and started eating the sandwich my mom made me.

"So why did you move to Midtown?" Betty questioned.

"Well I've moved around the country for my entire life because of my dad's job so I had to attend many different schools and I had to move at least once a year. But my dad got promoted for a new permanent job here in NYC so I think we will be staying here for a long time."

"That's pretty bizarre. So you've never attended the same school for more than a year?" Liz asked.

"Well I did attend a school name Fernhill back in North Carolina for 2 years but after that my parents decided that it's better to be homeschooled since we were always on the road to move."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"But hey, I'm glad you came to Midtown. You're gonna love it here." Betty reassured.

"Thanks, Betty."

"Do you see your dad often?" Liz questioned while taking a bite out of brownie.

"No, not really. He's overseas at the moment like always. So I rarely see him.." I sighed.

"Oh my god, my dad is always out of town because of his work! It sucks right?"

"Yeah! I miss him a lot." I agreed.

"You have me though!" Betty comforted while hugging me.

I giggled, "Thanks Betty."

"No problem."

"So Y/N, do you like math and solving equations?" Betty asked.

"Yeah I guess, I was top in mathematics at my old school. So I don't find math too boring." I laughed.

"Oh that's really cool! Well like Mr Harrington said, you should definitely join the Academic Decathlon Team. I was in it last year and it was pretty fun. The meetings are usually on Wednesday's after school which will be starting from this week at the drama room, right next to the art classes which is on the 3rd floor. But there are sometimes lunchtime practices."

I nodded, well I should be joining school groups so I can get to know more people.

"Great. Well, I'll be sure to be there when there's a meeting.Thanks Betty. But please remind me cause I usually forget." She gave me a thumbs up.