17

"Fuck!" He muttered under his breath and pulled his hair tightly in frustration. What he did was hard to rectify and almost impossible to erase.

"That's what lying leads you to." His best friend, Brian spoke from across the room as he continued pacing around the room, pulling his hair and messing it up more every now and then.

"How was I suppose to know that she lives in Birmingham?!"

"Why'd you lie in the first place?"

"I don't know. I just thought if I'd start to describe the beauty of the girl I bumped into, she would think that I am in love with her or something or worse, a creep."

"Are you?"

"What—No! I literally just saw her that day and she even called me a rotten banana."

"So, you hate her?"

"I did not say that too."

"You are in some big, big trouble, buddy."

"That really helped, thanks, fucker!"

He was still pacing around the room, his hand tightly clutched against the phone waiting for her to call and laugh it up, saying,

"Haha, I was kidding! I live in Toronto."

But he never received the call and the guilt now was starting to eat him up, alive.

When he bumped into her, the first thing he said was, "I am so sorry!" And in reply she said, "You Rotten Banana!" It was a really amazingly weird greet at first time.

She was an effortless beauty, he would give her that. She was not wearing any makeup and thus he was able to notice slight and very minimal freckles around her nose which worked in the favour of her beauty.

Her eyes were big and black— It was then he decided his favourite colour was not red anymore. Her lips were pink, pouty and full— 'Just like her imagination,' he thought.

Her brown hair looked so smooth and shiny with a hint of mocha in it. He just wanted to feel her hair and play with them and oh, her smell! She smelled so sweet that he wanted to bury his nose in her neck and take a whiff of her perfume.

"I am so fucking stupid!" He exasperated, loudly.

"That you are." That definitely earned him a punch.

On one side where he was guilty of lying, she felt embarassed on the other. Her best friend had to remind her again and again that he was just a douché and she was beautiful in and out, but how could she believe when he had embarassed her in the worst way possible?

"You are beautiful, Jen." Her bestfriend, Arielle spoke while comforting her by rubbing her hand up and down Jennifer's arm.

"I stink."

"You don't, honey. You smell amazing!"

"My hairstyle looks like 'Haristyle Gone Wrong'."

"You have model's hair, Jen."

A sob escaped her lips and before Arielle could think anything, Jennifer was in histerics of tears. Arielle mumbled soothing words and tried to calm her down, but sigh.

Just then, Jennifer's phone rang and Arielle's blood boiled looking at the caller id.

'How dare he?!' She thought, before picking up the call and holding it towards Jennifer's ear.

"Talk to him." She ordered as Jennifer refused by shaking her head, but when Arielle shot her a deadly look, Jennifer knew that she didn't have any other option, but to talk to him.

"Fuck talking, pour all your anger and frustration out on him, speak up all the swear words you know and if that still doesn't calm you down, then I'll just go and make him choke on his fucking words."

"Hello?" At first, she didn't say anything and just tried to even her breathing because she didn't want him to know that his words made her cry. She didn't want to sound weak.

"Jen, you there?" She nodded her head, but a smack from her best friend made her realise how dumb she was being.

"Jenny, I am really sorry, I didn't mean any of it."

"See? He said he didn't mean any of it!"

"He is lying."

"I am not! I swear Jen, I was kidding."

"See? He said he was kidding!"

"He is just saying it to make me feel better."

"I am not, babygirl, I swear to all the good that is in this world that you are the most beautiful person I've ever seen."

"See? He said that—"

"I can fucking hear it! Shush down for a second."

"Okay."

"Not you, idiot."

"I only said all of that because I didn't want you to think that I am some sort of a creep."

"How do I believe you?"

"Give me a chance?"

"A chance?"

"Let me take you out tomorrow as an apology."

"That's what you kids call it nowadays?"

"You are same age as us—Wait, how old are you?"

"Go out with me tomorrow and find it out all on your own."

"Yes, ALL of it."

"Shut up, Ari!"

"You can find out that too, I am up for everything."

"Ofcourse, you are!"

"I'll send you her address."

"No, I don't want to go!"

"Look hot."

"I always do!"

"Can't deny that."

*Beep* *Beep*

"OH MY FUCKING GOODNESS, YOU'RE GONNA GET AN APOLOGY TOMORROW!"

"It's not what you think it is, Ari, it's literally going to be an apology!"

"We need a dress, a mini- hot one, some killer heels and maybe a thong."

"IT'S JUST AN APOLOGY!"

"I am going to be the godmother of your babies!"

"Oh, god, what have I gotten myself into?"

"AN APOLOGY!"

••••••••

Whoops—