Woes of Finite Youth

Miley Cyrus - Butterfly Fly Away

Caterpillar in the tree,

How you wonder who you'll be

Can't go far but you can always dream

Wish you may and wish you might

Don't you worry, hold on tight.

I promise you there will come a day

Butterfly, fly away

A/N: When the ninja aren't home (Y/n is the one with the trombone and Lloyd is the oven kid). This chapter is also known as your author being indulgent sometime before stuff hits the fan. : )

Kids played together on the streets of Jamanakai Village, kicking a soccer ball between themselves. One, in particular, taunted the rest, ending in them getting piled on by two other kids. Another standing before a concrete wall kept their gaze pinned on the ball.

In the end, the ball shot past the goalie kid, hitting the wall. A few of the children cheered while the others looked on in disappointment. Lloyd observed from behind the railing of the Destiny's Bounty as it flew past the village below, sighing.

''Lloyd? Lloyd!'' Kai's voice broke the Green Bean from his thoughts, turning to face the Porcupine. ''Concentrate!'' The young to-be Green Saviour stared at him silently.

''Now that the Bounty is in our possession again, we can train you more effectively. But you'll have to focus.'' Zane reminded him. ''One more time.''

''Oh, but we've been training all day,'' Lloyd complained.

''It's all to get you ready to face your father. Now, in position.'' Cole instructed as the other ninja gathered whilst Lloyd walked to the middle of the deck. They put their hoods on, Lloyd boredly yawning as he got into position.

The Small Green Machine sighed. ''Whatever.''

Kai charged at him first but the boy punched him, sending him back and yawning again. Zane and Jay then launched themselves into the air, aiming for him though he easily whirled into Spinjitzu, knocking the two away from him.

Cole went into a slide kick behind him, Lloyd getting thrown into the air, spinning. He flopped onto his face when he landed, the others looking on in concern once they removed their hoods.

Lloyd's legs wriggled a bit before he looked up at the others, seeing them surround him. ''That was fun. Are we done?'' He hopefully smiled at the ninja.

''Oh, come on. You're better than this. What's on your mind?'' Jay questioned the young boy.

Lloyd got to his feet, walking in between the group of ninja. ''Well...The latest issue of Starfarer just came in at Doomsday Comix and it's a limited run, so if I don't go out and get it, it's going to sell out. Last they left off, intergalactic rogue Fritz Donnegan was surrounded by theImperial Sludge, and if I don't find out if he gets out alright, I think I might have my own doomsday.'' He explained.

''The fate of Ninjago rests on your shoulders. As the Green Ninja, you have a giant responsibility to hold. I'm sorry, but you don't have time for such childish things.'' Kai advised as what happiness showed in Lloyd's demeanour deflated.

Lloyd turned, heading back to the railing. ''Other kids get to play and have fun. All I ever do is train.'' He lamented, spotting the Destiny's Bounty nearly out of Jamanakai Village, with kids his age playing with each other and still enjoying themselves.