Sanemi Shinazugawa | I'm Sorry

Angst

More than anything Sanemi despise demons, after all they were the one who took the lives of those he loved the most. but his hate for demons grew more as his precious (Y/N) turned into a demon.

During one of your missions, you encountered Muzan of all demons, because you were a Pillar he had planned to turn you into a demon, but thanks to your strong mentality you were able to fight back the thought rushing to your head. he lose control of you and you were able to escape.

With no where to go, you come back to the headquarters where everyone discusses what to do with you, Sanemi had been quiet the whole time, refusing to look at you.

Present Day:

"come on out, demon!" Sanemi said as he stabbed the wooden back where Nezuko is. while Tanjiro shouts to make stop, but Sanemi didn't listen.

"Look, it's the blood you loved so much!" Sanemi let his blood drip, Nezuko slowly got out of the box, drooling and glaring at Sanemi.

"What's the matter, Demon? Come on! you know you want it" Sanemi taunted, however Nezuko refused and turned away from him, shocking Sanemi.

"YOU DEMON!" Sanemi shouted, as he was about to stabbed Nezuko again. however, Giyu and Shinobu stopped him in time.

"calm down Shinazugawa, you need to accept that Nezuko won't attack Humans or maybe you can't accept that theirs actually someone like (Y/N) in front of you" Shinobu explained with a smile on her face, with the mention of your name, Sanemi was enraged.

"...Don't mention that name in front of me!" he shouted

"Nezuko proves that (Y/N) was telling the truth, if only we did believed her maybe she--" Shinobu calmly said, however she was cut off by Sanemi

"shut up!"  

------------------------

"A demon would always be a demon" Obanai coldly look at you as you were tied to the tree in the headquarters, while everyone surround you, some look at you with pity and some with disgust.

"...I didn't eat any humans" you said as you look down at the ground

"LIES! you won't survive a week without eating a single thing" Kyojuro Enthusiastically said

"I suggest we cut off her head now, he might be a spy sent by Muzan" Obinai said as he continue to coldly look at you. 

"I really didn't eat any humans! for some reason my emotions and memories remained " you defended yourself, you are actually telling the truth you returned to headquarters knowing that they will accept you and help you, but instead  they turned they backs on you.

"You got to believe me, Sanemi!" you pleaded to your boyfriend, Sanemi always said that he will protect you no matter what, he was the least person you though who would betray you, but you thought wrong.

"Shut up! don't call my name you demon!" Sanemi stabbed you with his sword in the shoulder , tears fall down your eyes not because of the pain but because it was Sanemi of all people.

"The sun is about to rise, let's just wait for it" as you were tied to the tree, you just stare down at the ground refusing to look and see their expression especially Sanemi, you completely accepted your death.

As the sun rises you started to look up at them, memorizing their faces one last time, the friends you call family, before the sunlight completely hit you, you smiled at them catching them of guard with all your strength you snap the rope that tied you up and leaped towards Sanemi.

before he could react you hugged Sanemi, your hands wrap around his neck, tears were falling from your eyes, you felt the sun burn your skin and for the last time you whispered to his ear.

"I'm sorry, I love you Sanemi"

Back to the Present:

after the meeting with the Hashira, Sanemi walk towards your grave. your sword was stab to the ground next to your grave. Sanemi silently stare at your grave.

"what if you really were right (Y/N)..." he whispered, a strong wind blows and for some reason it was warm, the warmness comforting Sanemi. with one last look to your grave he turned around and leave.

"I'm sorry"

~.~

Published: September 22, 2019