5. warrior

EVAN WOLFE

It has been three weeks since Jaxon agreed to let Caleb and his pack train with us. Three whole weeks of torture I had to endure because I was constantly around my mate, who didn't want me. But at least the feeling was mutual.

We barely spoke, maybe a word here and there occasionally but Caleb didn't want anyone to know about us and to be honest, neither did I.

I was confused as to why he wouldn't just reject me and just let us both forget this and move on. Being around each other was almost killing me inside regardless of the fact I didn't want him, my wolf did. Our bond did.

I could feel it growing and I tried so hard to ignore it but I felt the pull towards him every second of the day. My attempt at not showing it was impressive, his was even better—that's if he even felt it at all. He was so cold hearted I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even capable of experiencing a mate bond. Maybe that's why he hates me so much.

Both our packs had become stronger and built more stamina. I was finally on a level where Jaxon was proud to have me in his pack, I no longer struggled to breathe after a few minute run. I stopped feeling sick after intense cardio. We even learnt how to fight properly, something Jaxon never let me do because he said I was always too much of a weak opponent. He had a point and I was glad he didn't make me suffer the pain of being beaten with no hope in winning.

It was obvious that Caleb's pack were a million times better than us, they ran circles around us and to be honest I was embarrassed.

Caleb was a strong headed and determined leader, he would push and push his pack members. He knew exactly where their breaking points were and he would use them to get the best out of them. He knew what he was doing, he'd use their strengths wisely and absolutely demolish their weaknesses in attempt to make them perfect.

They all would be perfect the candidates for The Hunger Games, Caleb was a good Alpha to them as much as I hated to admit it.

Ever since our encounter in the kitchen, Ava has been suspicious of him and it feels like she can't trust him. I have no idea if Jaxon spoke to him but maybe he did because Caleb hasn't bothered me since. If anything, he's attempted to stay out of my way more.

During training today Jaxon and Caleb agreed that we were going to train outside our usual spots and go further out for a challenge.

They loved competition more than anything, even though our pack usually lose it was all about learning from our experiences.

"My pack and I will head West down to the stream," Caleb clarifies to Jaxon and our pack.

Jaxon nods as Caleb's pack disappear through the trees and down to the stream.

"I have a game plan," Jaxon whispers the second that the others leave his eyesight. As we all crowd round and listen to his plan, it was a lot to take in. He was asking for a lot from us but how would we ever get better if we never tried to make things hard for ourselves?

"Let's go guys," Jaxon nods at all of us before we shift and move between the trees.

My paws pounce on the floor as I run to the edge of the woods, Jaxon wanted us to patrol the outskirts in case people were hiding away.