Chapter 16

Chapter 16

It was three days since they came back from the fun fair and back at Camp Half Blood. By now, almost half of the campers had switched genders. The Athena children were blazing with anger.

Dionysus didn't come to the camp these few days.

Annabeth backed down at going at Travis and Connor's heads because they too turned to girls. And the logic was that if they were the culprits they wouldn't be girls now. 

The satyrs finally brought Xander, Alvin and Mitch to camp. Mitch got claimed early. Son of Hephaestus. Alvin and Xander were still at the unclaimed cabin. But then its the question of why hadn't Athena and Aphrodite claimed them yet.

"So."

Xander, Alvin and Mitch were at the amphitheatre with the 9 (including Nico and Calypso). The 3 new demigods had just been introduced.

"How's Cal been treating this?" Frank asked Alvin. "He doesn't even care. I think he thinks its better if I'm off at a summer camp." "You don't stay here forever though." Annabeth said, slipping her hand into Percy's. "We're both leaving. This is our last summer. And its pretty eventful."

"You're leaving? To where?" Mitch's eyes were wide. "There are two camps. Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood, where we are now. Camp Jupiter has a place called New Rome. Its like a small little city on its own. Demigods can live there. We'll be protected. Me and Annabeth are staying there." Percy explained.

"Aw." Xander cooed and the others stared at him. He turned red.

"Some of us will be staying still. Nico here is staying." Percy nudged the son of Hades who simply crossed his arms and scowled. "Leo one more year. Piper and Jason too. Frank and Hazel will be going to Camp Jupiter though. Frankie here is praetor."

"You can stay here all year round, or just come back for the summer. Usually, if you're a child of the Big Three, its not encouraged because monsters can track you better. Faster. And you can't use mobile devices. Unfortunately. Because monsters can track you down. But the Hephaestus cabin has invented a new type of mobile device demigods can use."

"It feels like a secret society!" Mitch said excitedly.

"Hey. There's something about what you're saying... Did you just say Nico, Leo, Jason, Piper, Frank and Hazel? I thought it was Nicole, Lea, Jessie, Peter, Frankie and Harry? Is it related to the boy girl change or something like that a few campers talked about?" Alvin's face was scrunched up, as getting the slight picture of it but still want an explanation of it.

Oh man...

"Alright. We'll tell you." Jason ran a hand through his hair. "Okay so one day, Percy and Annabeth woke up to find themselves as another gender."

"Are you saying...that Paige is actually a guy named Percy and that Andy is a girl named Annabeth?" Mitch and Xander looked horrified.

"Yes. So it started happening to the rest of us." Hazel put in. "Our features like our hair colour and eye colour and our powers stayed the same. Just...different genders. Even those parts. My name is Hazel."

"Frank."

"Piper."

"Jason."

"Leo."

"Calypso."

"Must I do it? They already know."

and then

"Fine. My name is Nico."

"Half the campers have switched genders." Piper continued the explanation.

"Back up. Are you saying I kissed a guy?" Xander squeaked, his face pale.

"Come on. I looked like a girl didn't I? But you can realise how awkward it was." Jason chuckled.

Xander's face remained pale.

"Holy shit. We just flirted with boys. I'd like to imagine Cal's face when he hears this." Mitch said. He had gotten over the shock.

"Don't tell him then." Calypso rolled her eyes.

"But how come...How come you seemed so much like a girl?" Mitch turned to Percy and Leo. "Well, the answer is once you become a girl for some time, you'd be used to it." Leo grinned. "We weren't doing much flirting anyway. More of like friends."

"Eh. Its the same with me and Grayson. We just talked about stuff. We certainly didn't kiss as a greeting like what Xander did.

Xander's face heated up, turning very red with embarrassment. "I didn't know!" he complained.

"Are the Gods affected too?" Alvin questioned.

"We doubt so. Or it'll be chaos. It'll also be raining in Camp Half Blood with lots of storms if Zeus is affected because he will be angry. We don't have rain because of the borders. If there's rain we can't practice. We can see the clouds but it rarely rains. However, there was a time where it was raining heavily. At that time Zeus was angry. His favourite Chinese shop closed down." Annabeth said.

"That's a really stupid reason." 

"It happens." Annabeth shrugged. "Clovis saw it in his dreams."

"And you're trusting it?" Xander glanced at them like they were insane.

"Dreams are no joke. Most of them are true. You see visions. Clovis is a child of Hypnos. Dreams." Annabeth warned.

"Don't trust everything though." Percy laughed. "I had a dream it was raining blue cookies and suddenly there was this giant cookie that fell from the sky and before it hit anything and smashed into the ground it broke into tiny fairies who promised to make every food blue." 

The demigods who knew Percy for long groaned.

"So who do you think caused this mess?" Alvin was really curious- but smart- was he..

"We don't know." Piper replied. "The gods won't help. They won't answer IM; Iris Messages. You can ask the others what that is."

"So why haven't you gone to bother them?" Alvin had that puzzled look on his face again. "Like go to Olympus and see them?"

Annabeth blinked. "That's actually a pretty good idea.....Desperate and at last resort,  and we are desperate now..."