Chapter fourteen: The river of lost souls

''Found more arrows.'' Regina called out just as Robin walked downstairs again, sighting as he did so.

''You do not want to see what that hell dog did upstairs.'' 

''So, we think we're ready?'' Emma turned to Lillian, who was tugging on her leather gloves, tying the strings around her arms. She gave a nod as she tugged on them to get them as tight as possible, they helped her with concentrating, Bea had given them to her after all. 

''What are you doing?'' Gold looked at Lillian with an expression of confusion as she looked up from her gloves, frowning at him

''We're gonna get Hook. What's it look like?'' She put a blade into her boot, just in case her magic refused to work around Hades, magic was unpredictable in the underworld.

''We know Hades will have him in some sort of isolation. Meg told us there's an entrance nearby.''

''So all 45 of you are gonna slip down into the deepest level of detention in the Underworld? Hades knows you're here. He'll have put up barriers to keep the living out of all the places he doesn't want us going. You walk into his domain, you'll all be puffs of dust.'' Gold looked at Emma before turning to Lillian again, very much aware that he was going to put in more than that if he wanted her to back out of saving Hook.

''So we get a new plan.'' 

''Correct. Five of you occupy yourselves as you will. Perhaps cleaning? You and I will go in with the assistance of a helpful dead person. I can extend their aura, if you will, so that two living souls can get through Hades' barrier.'' 

''Wait a minute. Yesterday, you hid in your shop. Today, you're gonna lead the charge to find a man that you hate?'' 

''Yeah, because I-I realized that if I don't step in, we are never gonna get home, and I want very much to get home to my wife.'' Lillian looked around, her eyes eventually stopping on Emma and Gold, waving her hand around. 

''Alright, what about me? There is no freaking way I'm not coming along. I've been there before, Killian is my cousin, Hades somewhat seems to like me,'' She waved her hand around, pointing out her previous points. ''want me to go on?''

''You're staying.'' Gold said as he pointed at her, Emma nodded her head withing the second at the statement. 

''Agreed, if something goes wrong, you're the person I want to get everyone away from here.'' Emma than looked at Gold. ''And I don't trust him all that well, you're my back-up plan.'' She than turned back to Gold. ''Okay. So how do we get a helpful dead person to loan their aura so we can confront the god of the Underworld himself?'' 

''You leave that to me. I've got someone in mind. Someone I've known a long time.''

''I'm not sticking around, I don't trust it one bit.'' Lillian looked at Robin who gave her a nod. Regina and Mary Margret went to the graveyard and David and Henry went to search for any other souls they could help.