•• 4 ••

Lorraine's POV

  Noah and I sat on his bed, were looking at the sky while pointing on different stars, I laughed as he identified a star. He's really cute and child-like while pointing the stars, I was staring at him when he suddenly turned his face on me, I blushed a bit and smiled.

"Hey, what would you want to be if we became adults?" He asked, pure curiosity lacing his voice.

"Hmm, I would like to be a pilot or maybe an astronaut, it's so cool to fly!" I said, my voice full of excitement. "How about you?"

"Yeah! That's cool! I actually want to be...an artist." He said, his tone becoming sad at the last part.

"Why are you sad? You have an amazing dream!" I said while looking on his sad face, it's hard to sleep with a heavy heart, if he wants to vent his anger or sadness, the only thing I can do is to let him speak them.

"I...for once, I don't know if I'll stay alive." He whispered, my eyes widened and turn my body to him.

"You're not dying, okay?Trust me." I said, holding his hand in mine, he's been a good friend to me and I wouldn't want him to die.

"It's just that, I'm sick and I feel like my body is giving up. I would be sent outside and be adopted if I would stay alive, it's just the same." He said, looking at my eyes.