Chapter 29 Ruin 18387

Class E Obstacle Legre test was indeed a very normal occurrence in POE Academy. It seemed that I was the only one who was actually losing sleep over it. Apparently some of our classmate took it last year (most passed, some had to pull out midway because they were unaccustomed to the environment.).

The practice run did help me relax a little; I had no idea why I was still worrying, since I pass through the stimulation with flying colours. Mr. Andrewson even patted me on my shoulder for doing so well.

Clicking on my mail box I saw that I had a new e-mail from an unknown contact. Clicking on it I realized it was from Dan. I frowned, he usually put in a few lines in the e-mails that my parents send me; puzzled, I scrolled down and read.

Dear Gail,

How are you? Grandma had been asking me a lot about you lately, I was going to tell Dad, but I didn’t want him to get mad again. Grandma is coming to visit us next week, Mum and Dad had a really big argument about it; I think she is coming to stay for a while. I wish you are here, then at least she can have girly talks with you and stop bothering me.

When are you coming home? I miss you! Mum and Dad are always rambling off whenever I ask them for help on homework and I never understand a word they say! And we always just eat instant food and they taste disgusting! And Dad is always trying to get me to go to bed at eight when Mum isn’t home from work. EIGHT!

Miss you!

Dan

I smiled, visualizing the image of my family eating instant meal. Neither of my parents are good cook and both are very busy with their work. I used to do the cooking at home; I would have thought Dan was going to take over, apparently not.

Pulling out a leather-bond book from my pocket I run my hands down its cover curiously. Mr. Andrewson had snuck this to me after the practice run; it was a journal about the development of his power, along with other mental powers that he had come across. Despite my protests he insisted that I should have it. It was extremely odd that he would give such a valuable item to me, and at such a weird timing too; whilst he was the headmaster of the school, it was a monumental gesture and I didn’t even know how I could ever thank him for taking me under his wing.

I flipped through the pages of Mr. Andrewson’s notes. It was filled with a scribbly writing; I chuckled, it was hard to imagine Mr. Andrewson’s writing being that unruly. The writings became more elegant as I flipped, with titles and illustration. My breath caught at a particularly detailed drawing of a man meditating with wispy white tentacles extending from his mind. He must have spent hours on this!

“Hey Gail, want to join us for a walk outside? The cherry blossoms are blooming!” Holly poked her head in the room and asked. I could just make out Nate behind her, outside the door and shaking his head furiously. I bite back a laughter, “No, it’s alright.” I said, “I need to reply an e-mail.”

Holly turned back and glared at Nate, who happened to be giving me a thumbs up for my cooperation. His smile froze on his face and he pretended to scratch his hair instead, sporting on an innocent smile.