50; Time Travel

CHAPTER 50 WOO!

That night, I had Steve bring me home for a while and I made my way down to Tony's workshop for the first time in about two weeks. I pressed my hand onto the scanner and the glass doors slid open.

"Good evening, Miss Stark." Jarvis greeted me.

"Hey."

I walked over to his desk, shoving my hands into the pocket of my hoodie. I scanned my eyes over the trinkets and gadgets laid out everywhere, laughing slightly to myself when I came across something broken, as if he'd gotten so frustrated he'd just thrown it down in rage.

I looked at his chair and hesitated before sitting down and looking at all of the screens. I thought back to what Tony had done before, and snapped my fingers. All of the screens lit up and I grinned to myself. Once the room was lit up enough, I noticed a half-done iron helmet on the desk further away from me with a piece of paper next to it. I wheeled the chair over.

'Victoria, press the blue button'

I picked up the helmet and searched for a button, finally discovering it inside. I pressed the button and a hologram appeared, shining from the front of the mask. I placed the helmet down and sat back. Tony appeared sitting backwards on a chair with his hands intertwined. He looked up, seemingly making eye contact with me and I felt a lump form in my throat.

"If you're watching this then that means I'm dead, which is unfortunate."

I chuckled slightly at his bland humour, wiping a tear on my cheek.

"There's something you need to know. In the middle of my workshop, there's a project I've been working on."

I looked around, unable to see it because the lights weren't on.

"Go ahead, go see, I know you want to."

I laughed. He knew, even before I watched this, that I was going to want to see his project. I stood up and quickly walked into the open part of the workshop, switching on the lights. A big machine sat in the middle of the room. It was round and had stairs leading up to it.

"It's a time machine," I looked back to Tony's hologram with wide eyes. "I know what you're thinking, but I've been researching quantum physics for years and I recently finalized it. It should work, but you need to find Scott."

Who's Scott?

"A friend of mine, I suppose— well more like acquaintances really but— it doesn't matter, he was the one that discovered the Quantum Realm. You need the Pym Particles in order for this to work but he has them. I don't know if he's still alive." Tony sighed, looking down. "You need to find him."

Tony went on to give me this guy Scott's address and I quickly jotted it down on a notepad.

"When you get there, tell him who you are. He'll know what to do next." He seemed to make eye contact with me, even though he wasn't really here. "It's up to you, Victoria. Don't do it for me, do it for half the population that are counting on you."