XIII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ who wishes to fight must first count the cost

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
who wishes to fight
must first count the cost.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THE WAREHOUSE was anything but calm that next morning. with only two of them there at the time, waiting for another to pair to show, it was silent chaos of unspoken questions and quiet glares sent across the room.

"you're wearing makeup." the older of the two stated matter of factly.

the other just looked up from the computer with an innocent glance, a little smile was playing on those plump lips. "so?" he knew he was pushing it, but it was his favorite past time.

"you never wear makeup." namjoon said. he was suppose to be going over the plans for today, but he kept getting distracted by his own thoughts, and the smell of jimins perfume reaching his nose.

"do i look pretty hyung?" jimin asked. he wasn't looking away from the monitor in front of him, still trying to gain access to the blueprints of the usan hotel. the internet just really wanted to be stubborn today.

namjoon froze. this had to be a trick question. "you look pretty always." he said.

the shorter boy smiled and ignored the little butterfly wanting to explode in his stomach. gosh he's missed this. "yoongi is should be here soon, can you get the door when he arrives?"

the same grimace appeared again at the mention of the boy. namjoon nodded and mumbled some sort of response, grabbing his notes and going to sit by the table under the surveillance screens. he was not looking forward to spending time with that guy once jimin leaves, knowing very well they will be alone for many moments during this job.

"where's jungkook?" jimin asked, turning from his computer to go look at the camera and see if he was right about the youngest walking down the alley.

namjoon look up as well, suddenly feeling jimin right behind and on his tip toes, "uh, not here yet."

"but he has to be." the shorter boy huffed and walked back to his computer and clicked through the tabs, "he has this skill of always knowing when i figured something out. he should be here-"

a loud beep was heard though the warehouse as the door from the alley was pushed open and then shut with a loud bang. namjoons head shot back up to look at the cameras, but there was no one there a second ago. the glass doors slide open and jimin just smiled, "jungkook! get over here."

the ravenette walked over and dropped his bag on the floor with a thud, "what's up?"

"i found the blueprints to the hotel like you asked, and there are exactly eight suites that have access to the ventilation system from inside." jimin said, pulling up the prints on the big screen and highlighting each room on various floors. even namjoon walked over at this point and watched with arms crossed over his broad chest and a look of adoration in his eyes as he listened to the boy ramble on about his findings.

"usually you have to book a suite room months in advance since the usan is very popular, i was able to get one of these room four days before the event and already booked it using the credentials of jin's catering service." jimin continued, jungkook listening intently and nodding occasionally, his mind was still somewhat far away. "that way jin will be there for a few days before and after the event so no one will be suspicious as to why we showed up out of nowhere."

"that's good." jungkook said, he bent down to pick up his bag again and set it on one of the metal tables to go through. "are you ready to go today?" he asked his friend.

jimin would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous. he's never left his lab during a job and most of his assignments involved his keyboard, so he could sit in the safety surrounded by the hum of his machines. but he couldn't do that this time, he had to go and make the diamonds. that's why yoongi would be here instead.

the silence was dually noted, jungkook looking up after not getting an answer and seeing the slight distress in his friends eyes despite the smile he kept on. "jina will be with you." he added, "you'll be okay, but if you really don't think you can do it-"

"no!" jimin cut him off and shook his head, "no, i'm okay." he said to convince the other two. there was no way he was going to back out, he had to do this or else the whole job would be halted — plus jungkook planned this around his ability to make the replicas, and the fact that his friend gave him such a huge responsibility made him feel really good.

"okay." jungkook said, glancing up at the cameras to see people outside their door.

"i'll get it." namjoon said, following the youngers gaze and seeing the guests as well. it was jina and yoongi, standing together with her going on about her new running shoes that she swears yoongi would look so good in.

"hey joon." she smiled at him before walking past and going towards the lab as the usual meet up place. jimin was tying his shoes and nodding as jungkook continued to tell him what to remember to do, "-don't forget to see where they keep their security tabs, so you know when's the best time to access their servers, and don't talk to anyone with clearance higher then the IT guys." jungkook said, "and remember to say please, and-"

jimin finally cut him off with a hug, "and ill eat my veggies and open doors for girls." he said against his best friends shoulder. "i got this."

"i know you do." the younger said, letting go from the embrace and seeing the two new faces to walk in. "but if anything happens, call me and i'm there."

"of course." jimin smiled and gave him another hug before walking towards jina who was ready to go, car keys in hand and her other outstretched for the short boy to take.

yoongi made himself at home and pulled out his own laptop from his backpack, getting to work and zoning out into his own little word. the other two stood by the table, jungkook with his eyes on his notes while the other stared him down, arms still crossed over his chest.

"are you going to talk." jungkook said. he was still reading over the notes, for the hundredth time and probably a hundred times more within time.

"you disappeared last night." namjoon said, referring to the lack of the youngers presence as they visited the usan.

jungkook hummed and failed at ignoring the moments from last night, that same boy sneaking into his mind once again and only providing a pretty distraction. "i was collecting intel." he said.

"what's your source." namjoon asked. he continued to stare at the raventte, as if it would somehow let him know what he was thinking and figure out why he felt the need to always be so closed off. this profession required trust, not the limited amount jungkook seemed to hand out when he felt like it.

"a solid one." jungkook was short, that only meant no one would be getting anything out of him, not that it was usual to anyways. "it better be." namjoon said, turning and leaving the lab without another word and just the whoosh of the glass doors shutting behind him — only to leave jungkook standing there with white knuckles grasping the edge of the table and a head full of stomach churning thoughts.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬