Chapter 37

Xavier's POV

"What the fuck do you mean you can't find her?" I roar at my Beta, who is standing in front of a small group of guards.

Ethan shifts nervously, clasping his hands together tightly, "Alpha, Luna's scent just disappears after the border, it's as if she vanished into thin air."

I slam my hands on the table, the wood splitting, "she can't just vanish into thin air! If my mate isn't in my arms soon then I will kill you all! Now show me where her scent cuts off."

I follow my guards, sniffing in Beth's strong orange scent, coming to a halt when the sweet smell suddenly disappears.

I growl and shift into my wolf, trying to figure out where my mate has gone but there was absolutely no trace of her.

"Alpha! Alpha!" Lucas exclaims, running towards me with a small object in his hands.

"Lucas this better be important, I instructed you to investigate the pack-house," I snarl while shifting back quickly, the absence of my mate making me and my wolf restless and scared.

"The Luna's phone! It was on her desk! I don't know the password but I thought you might," Lucas pants, making it obvious he had ran a long way.

I grab the phone from his hands and try to unlock it, sure enough the screen showed a keyboard with the words 'Enter Password' above.

I try several passwords such as 'Eartha' and 'mango' which was her favourite food and even her parents names but none of them unlocked the phone.

I type in my own name, not expecting it to work, but to my surprise the phone unlocks and I see that her background is a picture of us only a month ago, watching the pups in the orphanage together. I smile softly, a pang in my heart as I stare at Beth's bright smile.

I shake my head, focusing on finding my mate again, and open up her messages, only 1 recent chat popped up from an unknown number, a feeling of dread creeping its way up my spine.

'Tonight, 3:15, meet me where we met before.' It read, it didn't take a genius to figure out that this text was obviously from Edward, how he managed to work a phone is beyond me but that didn't matter, Elizabeth is the only thing that matters.

"It was Edward," I announce, turning to face my guards, Ethan and Lucas.

The confused look on my faces reminds me that my pack has been left in the dark. To keep it brief to save time I simply say, "Elizabeth's psychopathic ancestor."

They just nod at me and Lucas runs off to gather more guards as I prepare a plan in my head. I had no idea where they are, I knew Edward had a witch working for him so I needed a witch of my own if I ever wanted to find Beth.

"Ethan, contact a witch, say it's urgent."

"Yes Alpha."

Elizabeth's POV

"Please Edward, don't do this to me!" I plead as he comes closer, holding a pair of handcuffs.

"The immobility has worn off and I need to assure you can't go anywhere, so just hold still and you won't even notice it's there," He hisses, growing annoyed at my kicks and shoves, attempting to keep him away.

I learned that Medea doesn't actually come at his beck and call, she does what she wants, it just so happens what she wants is also what Edward wants, but she could care less about what happens to me, as long as I'm producing children.

I've been nothing but defiant ever since the immobility wore off an hour ago, and Edward tried to use violence on me multiple times but every time I threatened that violence could really damage me, given how weak I already am after losing my wolf, so he backed off, not wanting to risk me dying or else our family bloodline would be gone.

He did manage to get a few hits on me, a growing bruise rested on my face, just below my eye, turning my skin into a blotchy purple colour as well as a large boot-print on my stomach, just below my ribcage.

Edward growled and stormed out of the cell, locking it behind him and going off somewhere.

I leaned back into the stone wall and sighed, I knew that the pack will have noticed my disappearance by now, and I knew Xavier was looking for me, but I also knew that Edward was smart and covered up his tracks, making it near impossible for anyone to find me.

My heart beat painfully against my chest, the ugly feeling of misery resting within it. I missed him so much, being marked and mated made the bond pull at my mind and my heart roughly, urging me to be close to him.

'Xavier, are you there?' I tried one last time, I thought the immobility had something to do with me not being able to mind-link but I guess it is due to the distance between me and my pack.

I know where I am, well I don't really know where I am, its just the woods, but I know how to get to my pack from here, I wasn't stupid, I spent the whole time laying limp over Edward's shoulder looking around as much as I could, keeping a mental note of almost every turn, every tree and every lake I could see.

Being bored out of my mind, I decided the only thing I could do was sleep, so I shifted to lean further into the wall and closed my eyes, willing for sleep to take over and it did.

"Wakey wakey!" An overly enthusiastic voice called me from the darkness.

I groan and try to sit up but when I am unable to my eyes shoot open in alarm. I'm staring at a dirty white ceiling, the material chipping away, revealing a dingy black colour.

I wiggle my arms and my legs but they barely move at all. I start to panic more and try to thrash around.

A deathly cold hand rests on my stomach, making me realise it's bare, my skin on display, for a moment I think that I'm not wearing anything but I sigh in relief when I realise my top has just been rolled up.

"Stop moving and this will be a lot easier for you," Medea says, her tone emotionless.

"What will be easier?" I cry out, scared out my mind.

She shushes me, "I am just ensuring that your first pregnancy will go smoothly and there will be no complications."

"You are not doing any of your dark magic voodoo shit on me!" I scream angrily, thrashing around more.

She says nothing as she flips through pages of her book, licking her finger every time she has to turn the page.

She places the book down, reading over the page one last time before closing it over.

"What are you going to do?" I question fearfully.

"I'm just ensuring that you can bear a child with a man who you are not bonded with," she replies flatly, as if it was no big deal.

I scream again, trying to get her to stop as she starts whispering foreign words.

Her aura changes from one of nothingness to one of darkness and power as she finishes chanting, ignoring my screams and thrashes.

My stomach begins to burn, as if someone has poured hot candle wax over me. I let out a long shriek, trying to bare the pain spreading across my skin before falling limp against the cold table.

"You'll probably want to sleep now, that process is exhausting and usually deadly, but since you are able to survive the shift, you can bare almost anything," Medea whispers, envy clear in her voice, but I pay no mind to her as I tilt my head to the side, watching the world spin around, sending me off into a cold and dark place.