Chapter 22 - Single Forever

Logan Nielsen

"Amanda, this is my grandmother. Grandmother, this is Amanda, my bestfriend." I introduced Mandy to my lovely grandmother.

"Your Highness." Mandy bowed and my grandmother took her hand patting it as she looked at Mandy admiring her.

"I'm not a queen anymore, Amanda. Please call me Denada. I grew up in London just like you so let's don't be too formal." My grandmother said and she patted Mandy's hand.

"How's your trip? Was it fun?" Mandy asked and they sat down on the sofa in the living room. I walked towards my grandfather who was busy reading the newspaper.

"Why didn't you go with grandmother yesterday?"

"I'm old, Logan. She's 7 years younger than me." My grandfather said as he put his newspaper down. My eyes turned to see Mandy talking with my grandmother. They were laughing with each other and it made me smile.

"I think your grandmother likes her."

"I hope so.. I only have you and her by my side on this." I said truthfully as I turned to him.

"Take it slow, Logan. She's not going anywhere." My grandfather said as he reached for his tea.

"Apparently her grandfather wanted her to get married before 25 so she can access all her inheritance and take over the company fully."

"What a unique situation." My grandfather smirked and I shook my head.

"I guess.. I'll stay single until 25 then."

"I don't think your parents will let you, they will try to arrange you with all the princesses in this world." My grandfather said in a mocking tone.

"I don't understand why they hate Mandy so much."

"I bet they have their own reasons, Logan." He said and suddenly I saw my grandmother and Mandy walked out to the garden. Coco followed them and I smiled seeing her here with me. I love having her around. I really do.

"Don't you think you need to step up your game?" My grandfather asked and I shook my head.

"No, not now. We both still need time to grow and I don't want to ruin my friendship with her."

"What if her grandfather arranged her with someone later on?"

"I don't know. She's still mine.. for now even though not officially."

"I'm just saying.. she's a special girl and there are a lot of men wanting a girl like her." I turned to him glaring.

"Don't remind me, grandfather."

"I'm just saying.." He said as he raised both of his hands. He got up from his seat and walked away. I leaned back to my seat and closed my eyes. I opened my eyes and decided to go what is Mandy doing.

I got up from my seat and walked to the garden. Apparently she's alone sitting on the bench looking up to the sky with her hands in the air. I smiled looking at her and even took my phone out quickly to take a picture of her.

After that, I quickly walked to her and sat beside her. I out my arm around her shoulder and she turned to me.

"I'm sorry that we can't go out from the palace." I said as I looked straight into her eyes.

"It's okay.. I come here to see you not to stroll around." She said as she leaned her head to my shoulder. I closed my eyes completely loving her presence. I caressed her head and I looked up to the sky.

"Being far from you sucks.."

"I know. So.. how's work?" I asked as I tried to change the subject because talking about our long distance friendship will make the both of us sad.

"It's okay. My grandfather introduced me to the 7 Gold Lifes last week.. I think I told you that." She said and I nodded.

"Do you love it?"

"It was hectic and crazy at work but.. I love it. I learned a lot from my grandfather." If she loves it, then I'm willing to support her. As long as she's happy, I'm happy.

"That's great then.."

"My grandfather told me that I have to get married before 25 to get full access to the company and my inheritance." Elliot told me that too and now we both are in the 25th curse.

"And.. what's your reaction?"

"I don't have any other choice. He made that contract because he thought he and my father won't be able to reconsile. Now he can't undo it.. I have to fulfill it." I gulped nervously just by hearing it. What if she ends up finding someone?

"So.. you're going to marry someone before 25?" I asked.

"Yeah.. you have to get married before 25 too so.. we're on the same boat." She said as she sighed.

"Do you have someone in mind?"

"Why? Are you going to give me a long lecture for it?" She hissed and I chuckled.

"I should.. I'll be the judge."

"My grandfather said that we will go to America next month. He'll introduce me to some of his friends' grandsons."

"I told you before that you can't date or marry someone from America."

"Just because I'll move there or?" It's because I don't share, Mandy. Why is it so hard to hide my feelings at the time like this?

"America is too far, I can't reach you easily. We agreed to visit each other as often as possible."

"Right.. I can't live without you." I smiled when she said that.

"Should we just stay single forever?" I asked and I know it's a stupid question.

"Single forever?" She turned to me and I nodded.

"Like you can stay single forever." She laughed.

"Why?"

"You look like a womanizer, Logan."

"Hey! I never hook up with anyone.."

"With your face.. soon." She gestured my face and I shook my head.

"I'm not that type of guy."

"Besides.. you can't stay single forever, who will continue the throne?"

"Let's just be single forever, what do you say?"

"I don't mind actually.. as long as I have you." She said and that made me smile like an idiot. Mandy, I wish everything was easy for us.. I guess fate doesn't want us to be together.