Shinobu Kocho |The Sweetest Chocolate

Requested by @Mizuki123450 ,

High school AU, this story can be an x male reader or x female reader, it's really up to you. and for those who don't know, in japan it was the woman who gave chocolates.

It was valentines day, the day of romance filled with confessions. but for you it's just another day of the month, nothing special to celebrate or look forward to, until she came along.  you were athletic, good looking, smart and sweet, not to be arrogant but a lot of people admire you, male or female alike, except for one person.

"....ah Shinobu!" you shouted as you spot the woman turn around the corner, you were about to run after her but a bunch of students block your way.

"(Y/N)-senpai please accept this" a girl said as she handed you a neatly wrapped box, without being rude you gladly accepted it and place it next to the teddy bear, roses, and chocolates  you received earlier. 

"thanks, I really appreciate it" you said as you scan the area looking for the petite woman. the whole day you've received various gifts from other students, but the one you were waiting for was from the student council's secretary, Shinobu Kocho. you've been looking for her as soon as you arrived that morning, but since earlier students seems to made it their mission to interrupt you.

You met her when you joined the student council and the moment you laid your eyes on her, the second you heard her soft voice, you fell in love. I mean who wouldn't? and despite your obvious flirting to her, she remained laid back and seems so unaffected. 

As the last bell ring, you made your way out of the classroom, trying to avoid students who was bent out on interrupting all day long.

"excuse me!" you said as you open the door to the student council room, only to find Giyuu signing papers alone, what a worse way to spend valentines day. Giyu only look at you with his usual emotionless expression.

"..."

"...ah do you happen to know where Shinobu is?" you asked 

"she already left"

with those words you left the school dejectedly, you just wanted to spend the day with her. as you made your way home you took a big sigh as you kick the pebbles on the ground.

"why the long face?" 

suddenly you turn around to the familiar voice, Shinobu stand there with her usual smiling face, your upside down smile turned to a bigger grin.

"Shinobu, I though you've already left"you said as you jogged towards her.

"I did, I left early to get this back from home" she said her smile never leaving her face. Shinobu then handed you a paper bag, gladly taking it you opened it to find a card and a chocolate. when you opened the chocolate they were shaped as butterflies. 

"It's so good, it's the sweetest chocolate I tasted" you said as you put another chocolate in your mouth, Shinobu just watched you as you enjoyed the chocolate.

"by the way, what does this chocolate mean?" you hesitantly asked 

"A honmei-choco (true feeling chocolate" she said without changing her expression, instead you were beyond happy that you suddenly embraced her, though you can't see her expression you could tell he was startled by the sudden hug.

"really? you mean it? you can't take it back!" you excitedly rumbled as you continue to hug her, almost to the point of swinging her side by side, you felt Shinobu hugged you back making you more that happy.

after a while you pulled back from hugging and directly look at Shinobu, your smile almost reaching the heavens. 

"...I'm really happy, thank you Shinobu" you said staring at her eyes

"no i'm the one that's supposed to thank you, you made me feel this feelings I never though were possible, you were so warm and kind that you made me forget the inferiority I Felt.....I love yo-" before  she could finish her sentenced you kissed Shinobu , he was tense at first but soon relax. when you two pulled away you placed your lips near her ear and whispered:

"your lips were much sweeter than the chocolate, I love you more Shinobu"

~.~

Published: September 24, 2019