XV.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ trapped in a maze of strange emotion

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
trapped in a maze of strange emotion.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

IT WAS BECOMING a regular thing, for the two of them to find themselves walking down the sidewalk at night, nothing but the streets lamps and personal pleasure encouraging the two boys to meet at the same cafe. sometimes it was another place, like a hot dog stand or even just the vending machines by a park.

taehyung didn't care where they were. he just liked the fact that this handsome guy keeps reaching out to him, wanting to see him more. their meetings were always different, but somehow the same, and the brunette knew he was spiraling. jungkook had this hold on him, it was from the start, those eyes just pulled him in and now everything else about him just keeps taehyung wanting more.

they always had some new topic to discuss, however random or odd it may seem, it was so important right then.

"you're not listening," taehyung shoved the ravenettes shoulder with a subtle pout. jungkook just chuckled and bit into the soft pretzel they were sharing. "i am."

"no." taehyung frowned. "because if you were, then you'd understand why black widow deserved her own movie."

"i still think batman is way cooler." jungkook responded for the hundredth time. he took another bite of the pretzel and shrugged, his voice a little muffled from the snack in his mouth, "besides, what does natasha even do that's impactful?"

there was a quiet gasp and taehyung placed his hand on his chest in mock offense. "don't even come after my girl like that."

there was another roll of his eyes, but his lips twitched a little, which taehyung noticed and was very pleased with himself for almost making the quiet guy smile again. "thanks for paying by the way." he added, ripping off a piece of the pretzel for himself.

jungkook hummed offered more to the boy walking beside. they were just strolling down the sidewalk in the city, occasionally stopping at food vendors or little shops that taehyung dragged him into. it wasn't often that he did this kind of thing, he never ate greasy food or bought trinkets and cheap little mugs. and the fact that jungkook paid somehow made it better, whenever taehyung was out with people they assumed he would pay or cover the tab. it was nice for someone to not look at him for his money, for once.

"let's go in here." jungkook lightly gripped his elbow and tugged him gently into a shop. the lights were dim and it smelt oddly clean in here. a big man was sitting at a desk near the front, tattoos covered his almost his whole body, or what taehyung could tell.

"can i help you?" the mans voice was gruff and deep, taehyung shivered at the sound but jungkook looked unphased, he always did.

"just looking." the younger said, opening one of the album to look at the various drawings and idea on each page.

taehyung peeked over his shoulder at the tattoo sketches, all of them somewhat intimidating drawings of dragons, scorpions, random jagged patterns of swirls, or just crosses. he spotted a small flower in the middle and smiled. "are you thinking about getting one?"

"maybe." it was short, but jungkook shrugged as well and closed the book. "soon."

the brunette peeked at the others arm, knowing very well he had some ink on that smooth skin. but jungkook was wearing a long sleeve shirt today, and he frowned at the fact.

they left a little bit after that, once jungkook nodded a few times and saw what he needed.
"i think i'm going to get one." taehyung thought about the little flower, he could pull off something small and cute.

"really?" jungkook was less convinced, glancing over at the other boy with a raised eyebrow.

he liked that, the way jungkook would just look at him, like he could read his mind and know everything about him. taehyung didn't mind being easy to read, not with someone who seemed to have genuine intentions. he felt like it had to be so hard to be closed off and mysterious all the time, he rambles too much to be like that.

"maybe, soon." he copied what the other said earlier. that earned a little smile from jungkook.

"i think this is your stop." jungkook said, stopping just across the street from the usan hotel and it's fancy fountain feature. taehyung didn't even realize they made it back here already, too lost in the moment and words from the other to see they already arrived.

he frowned. "goodnight jungkook."

"goodnight." jungkook was used to this routine healready, stopping across the street, taehyung frowning, and then they go their separate ways — one content with the evening and the other battling the emotions of joy and guilt.

the walk was quick, ten minutes until he was at jimins apartment and sitting on the couch with his laptop open on the coffee table.

"was it fun?" the voice was a surprise, jungkook expected him to be asleep by now, especially after spending the past couple of days so busy.

he turned to see jimin coming from the kitchen with pajama pants on and a mug in his hands. "you've been going out more." he clarified.

the younger just hummed and continued on his laptop without looking up again. jimin sighed and walked around to sit beside his best friend. "do you know what you're doing?"

some questions needed to be asked, to put the thought into the universe and into his mind, but that didn't mean any of it had to be answered. jungkook was already thinking about it, what was suppose to be simple intel, a source into the hotel, somewhat distracted him. and he was annoyed with himself. "there's another small event friday night. we're going." jungkook diverted and showed the screen to his friend.

jimin read over the title and nodded. "yoongi will stay and see how much we're exposed in the blindspots right? so he knows how much they need to be moved?" he asked, just wanting to make sure.

"yes." he nodded in response and closed the laptop, leaving the two of them in darkness.

it was silent for a second, but it's almost as if jungkook could hear the millions of thoughts and worries going through his friends mind.

"are you okay?" was all the older asked, voice soft and delicate in the dark.

out of all the things he could have asked, pressed for answers, questioning the raven haired males recent actions, jimin always asked if he was okay. and it wasn't fair, for him to be so caring all the time.

jungkook just nodded, forgetting no one could see, and just took his friend smaller hand. they sat like that for a while, in the dark with their hands clasped together and in no worry to move. it was nights like these, the ones that kept them rooted to the ground and not lost in their fantasies.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬