Not mine *part 2* (Peter Parker)

My heart pounded through my chest as I walked into Liz's party. I had no doubt that it was a mistake coming here, as Peter probably would have told Liz about my outburst and that wouldn't make things between us any better. But I hadn't spoken to Peter since it had happened, four days ago, and I needed to get drunk to forget about the whole ordeal. And this would be the only place that I could get drunk for free.

"Y/N!" I looked up and my eyes widened as Liz stumbled towards me, a plastic red cup grasped loosely in her hand.

"Hey." I gulped, trying to gage whether or not she knew.

"You look so pretty, oh my god!" She squealed, throwing her arms around me. My eyes widened further as I hesitantly returned the hug.

"There you are-oh, hey Y/N." I looked past Liz's body and gave Michelle a small smile.

"Hey, can you help?" I chuckled.

"Sure." She returned before gently easing Liz off of me.

"What happened?" I scoffed as Michelle put Liz's arm over her shoulder and her arm around Liz's waist, holding the girl up.

"Peter broke up with her a couple days ago, so she got really, really drunk." She nodded. My eyes widened.

"Oh...my god...did, he, um...say why?" I gulped.

"Yup. Apparently, you poured your heart out to him, about damn time, girl." She smirked. I groaned, holding my head in my hands.

"God, this is all my fault, isn't it?" I choked.

"No, it's not. I love Peter like a brother but he's been head over heels for you for as long as I can remember, so I have no fucking clue what he was doing going out with Liz. If anyone's to blame, it's him. He shouldn't have been with Liz whilst being in love with you." She shrugged. I sighed.

"Speaking of Peter, do you know where he is?" I asked.

"He's in the back garden, drinking." Michelle nodded. My eyes widened.

"But Peter never drinks." I stated.

"I know, dude. But your admittance was a lot for him to take in. He's not handling it too well, go and talk to him." She nodded.

"I will. Thanks, MJ." I gave her a small smile. She returned it and gently squeezed my arm as I passed her. I headed through Liz's packed house and into the back garden. It was completely deserted, apart from the hazel-haired boy sitting on the concrete steps that led down to the rest of the garden, a bottle of beer to his thin lips. I gulped, trying to swallow my nerves as I walked to him on weak legs.

"Hey." I spoke as I walked to him. He looked up at me and his eyes widened.

"H-hey." He chuckled nervously, following me with his gaze as I took a seat next to him. We just sat there for a moment, neither of us daring to look at the other as we stared into the garden.

"I heard you broke up with Liz." I mumbled, breaking the silence. Peter sighed and nodded as he looked at me.

"Yeah. It didn't feel right staying with her after what you said, especially since I feel the same." He admitted. I looked at him.

"Why were you with her, then, Pete?" I scoffed. He sighed and shook his head.

"Because you hear all of these horror stories about best friends who fall for each other, but then something fucks it up and they're never the same again. I couldn't bear it if that happened to us, and so when Liz asked me out, I figured that if I went out with someone else, I'd forget my feelings for you, but...it didn't happen." He shrugged.

"Peter, I love you, but that was kind of a dick thing to do to Liz." I nodded. He chuckled and returned it, looking down at the beer in his hand.

"I know. I mean, it's not like I feel nothing for her, I love her, just...not in the way I love you. I'm in love with you." He nodded, his gaze still on the concrete below us.

"I'm in love with you too." I whispered.

"I know." He chuckled, a wide smile spreading onto his face as he looked at me.

"You're never going to let me forget that, are you?" I groaned.

"Nope." He smiled, making me groan louder as he laughed. Suddenly, he stopped laughing and just stared at me, a gentle smile on his lips.

"What?" I asked. He shook his head before leaning in and pressing our lips together. I returned it instantly, holding his face to bring him closer as his hands went to my waist. Our lips moved perfectly together, practically making fireworks explode in my mind as I'd wanted this for as long as I could remember, the feeling of Peter's soft lips against my own and his large hands holding me close even better than I had imagined. I broke the kiss, but touched our foreheads as we both panted slightly, catching our breaths. I opened my eyes and smiled as Peter was already staring at me, his lips also curled into a smile.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for that to happen." He whispered, gently moving his thumb against my cheek.

"Probably not as long as I've been waiting." I chuckled.

"You want to bet?" he laughed, making me giggle as he leant forward and joined our lips again.