Chapter 23 - I Guess

Amanda Estelle

I looked outside the window and let out a heavy sigh. Tomorrow night, I'll go back to London and again I will leave Logan. This situation really sucks and I hate it. Suddenly I heard a knock on the door and I walked to the door.

I opened it and it's Logan.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Just thinking.. come in." I said as I gestured him to come into my room. He walked inside and I closed the door. I walked back to the window and Logan stood beside me.

"I wish I could stop the time." I said and I turned to him.

"Everything has to fall into their place, Mandy. We both hate this but it's something we can't avoid." He said as he looked out the window seriously.

"I know everything will be okay as the time goes by." I said as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Yeah, everything will be okay. Besides we both will get what we always wanted." He said and I turned to him. Our eyes met and I tried to smile.

Today, I found out that Logan's parents don't really like me. I met them and they're not friendly at all. Maybe they're not used to have a guess especially me as Logan's bestfriend. I tried to understand and ignore their cold eyes towards me.

"I'll see you again next week?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'll go to London next week to see you." He smiled.

"I talked to my grandfather the other day and he wanted to send me to America to expand the business. He will send me there soon when I'm ready." I said as I turned my head back to the view.

"I can't stop you, Mandy. It's your dream.." He said with an unreadable tone behind it.

"I guess.. one day we'll realize that.. we choose the right path huh?" I asked.

"Maybe.. I can't guarantee that I did."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I'm happy but at the same time.. I'm not." He said and to be honest.. I felt the same but I don't know what. I walked towards my bag and took out the croissant that he baked for me.

When I was going to take a bite, Logan took it from me and he ate it.

"Hey!"

"What? I'm hangry.." He said with his mouth full of croissant.

"You just.. ate, Logan." I looked at him disbelief.

"Why are you eating this then?" He asked as he waved the croissant in front of me. I took it from his hand and glared at him big time. He pouted as he's done munching.

"You're weird." I hissed and he laughed.

Suddenly the someone knocked on the door and instead of me opening the door, Logan was the one who opened the door.

"What do you mean she's here?" I turned my head to Logan automaticly after he raised his voice on someone.

"Is everything okay?" I asked as I walked towards him. There's 2 guards standing in front of my room and Logan turned his head to me. He closed the door and he sighed.

"The girl that my father set me up with is here. I can't believe my father decided to bring her here now." That's an obvious sign that his father didn't like me here. I tried to smile and patted his shoulder.

"She might be the girl you're going to marry." I wanted to punch my own face for saying that but it's something that I can't avoid. We both have to get married sooner or later.

"I don't want to jump into that topic right now, Mandy." He said in a serious tone mix with an angry tone. He gave me a slight cold glare and he grabbed my hand.

"I'll introduce you to her." He said and I shook my head.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not? Everyone in the world should know that you're my bestfriend and they have to be nice to you if they want to be with me." He said as she dragged me out from the room.

"Logan.. I don't think this is a good idea."

"Who cares?!" Logan shrugged and I can't believe he's dragging me right now. When we got into the living room of the palace, I saw a beautiful girl standing there looking out to the garden.

"What are you doing here?" Logan asked the girl and she turned her head to us.

"Hello to you too, Logan. Oh! You have a friend?" She smiled to me as she walked towards us both.

"Hello, I'm Linnea. I'm Logan's fiance." My heart stopped when she introduced herself as his fiance.

"We're not." Logan hissed coldly.

"That's true." We all turned to see King Valentino walking in.

"Father." Logan warned his father and I turned to Linnea.

"I'm Amanda, Logan's friend. Nice to meet you." I said and Logan looked at me disbelief.

"Logan, I need to have a word with you." King Valentino said and Logan let my hand go. I gestured him to go and he looked at me sadly but I pushed him away.

"I can tell that you both are so close friends." I turned to Linnea and I smiled nodding but something in her eyes that I can't reach.

"We're close." I said trying to be as nice as I can even though I can't lie to myself that I don't like this girl in front of me. She might be the girl that will spend the rest of her life with Logan and I'm starting to feel jealous deep down in my heart imagining it to happen.

"Our parents already arranged our marriage ever since we were in our mother wombs. I'm so excited to get married to him." Linnea squealed and I just gave her a weak smile.

"We're going to bestfriends, Amanda." She said as she held my hand.

"Yeah.. I guess we are." I don't think so.