Ch. 26

Angelo.

I was unable to focus on the quiz when I reached class after the weird encounter. I was definitely bound to fail that particular test. Strangely enough, it didn't bother me as that was the least of my problems.

My main concern of the day as I left the lecture hall was to speak with Marshall about Jacob's wellbeing. I was still in shock and recovering from what happened. It was the first time I had ever seen a vampire transform into their actual self. The sight was so scary and this is coming from someone who has lived with people whose bones break when turning into wolf form. I've gotten so used to seeing my family and the rest of the pack turn that I thought I'd be able to handle other supernaturals. I was wrong.

Vampires were not to be messed with.

The scary part of it all was the power that emanated from Marshall's entire body. At the time, I thought nothing of the strong regal aura that he was emitting but now that I thought about it, he must be of some strong heritage. He has to be one of the strongest vampires. Then again, him and his sister were the only vampires I knew of.

And let's not forget him freezing other people. How strange. I knew that certain wolves had certain powers which ranged from telekinesis to literally spitting fire but I didn't think... no. I should stop this. I realized that the best thing for me to do in order to get my mind around this whole situation was have a talk with Marshall and Marcia.

Checking the time on my phone, I realized I had close to an hour before Evan also closed for the day. I texted the twins to meet me at Starbucks and rushed there instead of going back to my dorm. By the time I got there, Marcia had replied saying she was on her way. I hoped that Marshall would come too even though he hadn't replied.

I really hoped that Jacob was fine. I know that he tried to kill me but that doesn't mean he deserved to be thrown against the pillar. What if his neck broke? Jacob didn't deserve to die. Of course he was a hunter, but maybe he didn't know it was wrong? Don't get me wrong, I hate him for what he did, and I don't want to be near him but I still don't think he should die.

Argh!! I'm really just tired of this. All I want to do is go to the room and snuggle in Evan's arms.

"So I hear Marshall went vampy on you," said Marcia casually as she sat down in front of me making me jump in my seat. I didn't even hear her come into the shop and get near him.

"How did you find out?" I asked, shocked that it hadn't even been a full day yet and she already knew about it.

"Uh, he's my twin? Keep up," she teased, rolling her eyes. "He tells me everything and just so you know," she paused, looking at me intensely, "he feels really bad for scaring you".

I sighed then, for some reason, feeling quite relieved. "Oh no, I wasn't scared," I lied and Marcia just looked at me weirdly as if she wasn't buying it. "Really, I'm not. If anything, I'm more worried about what happened to Jacob and how he's doing,".

It took her some long few seconds before she nodded. "If you say so. Marshall just gets very protective about people he cares about but he's really still the same sweet guy," she explained.

This confused me a bit. Of course I was a bit scared of how Marshall looked in "vampy" mode, but I must admit I was more intrigued by his powers than anything else.

"And if you ask me, that blue haired boy got what was coming to him. He tried to kill you for goodness sake!" Marcia was saying when I focused on her again.

"No... he didn't. He was just trying to see if I was a werewolf," I said. Why was I defending him?

"And if you were? Not only would he have captired you and tortured you, your entire family would have been in danger - not that they aren't already - and the packs here already have trouble keeping those wickedly hunters at bay," she scolded making me bite my lip as tears welled in my eyes. "Don't defend him Angelo. He's a hunter and that's all he will ever be. People like us need to steer clear of them and when we do get our hands on them..."

"What do you do to them?" I asked instantly.

"Don't worry about that. Marshall is handling it," she said but not in her usual chirpy tone. In fact, she was making me even more worried.

"What you should be that thankful for is that your family doesn't know what happened. He is so lucky your dad isn't here yet," Marcia stated angrily.

"You know my dad?" I asked, shocked at her disclosure.

"Yeah, Alpha Edgar. He's been pushing for an alliance with Warren's father for over a month now!" she answered.

I could only stare at her like she had two heads.  Did that mean he was going to come here soon? And an alliance? Why didn't they tell me?

It was at this moment that I saw Marshall walking towards our table, looking quite relaxed for someone who almost killed a person.

"You didn't think your father was going to leave you out here on your own, did you? You're the son of an alpha and there are hunters prowling these streets like ants every goddamned day!" Marshall exclaimed.

"Ho... how did you hear that?"

"You're not the only ones with extra hearing aid," he rolled his eyes as I nodded. I was still dumbfounded at the revelation though. I didn't know whether to be angry or happy that my dad had followed me, or at least got someone to do it. I couldn't say I was surprised though. He was probably tracking my phone with all those phone calls.

It made me think, was Roger really hurt? Was the pack really attacked? Was he just trying to coax me into going back home? He was a smart and conniving man. I wouldn't put it past him.

But what if it was all true though? What if my family was actually hurt and needed me? I wasn't sure what I could do for them but maybe I could show them how much I loved them? Or what was left of my love for them anyway?

I think my head was going to burst.

Maybe I should call them, I thought.

"Angelo, are you okay?" Marshall questioned, tapping my arm and bringing me out of my thoughts.

I nodded, "yeah" I whispered. I really wasn't though.

I didn't know what to make of all this. My family, and the thing with Jacob.

I just hoped I'd find an answer soon.