~26~

"June 1st

"June 1st. Around 9:30 pm, you entered the school swimming pool. Marina was there. You have quarreled, the tone has gone up between you. Then you caught the trophy and you crushed it with all your strength on her head. She's not dead right now, which means you've abandoned her. As she emptied her blood. That's the conclusion we arrived at. And the most important. It's that the version of the facts that the judge will retain. Do you have anything to say for your defense?"

"Mama? What are you doing here ?"

Alba paused at the agreement in her brother's shocked voice before heading back to the kitchen just to clench her fists by the sight of their mother currently serving breakfast.

"Alba. We waited more than you darling." Announced their mother cheerfully, leaving Niccolò to immediately give an alert look at his sister in panic.

Especially since Salvaro gave an insistent glance at his two children by signing the free chairs."Well ? You didn't hear your mother? Sit."

Alba and Niccolò exchanged another look before Alba cleared her throat noisily as she resumed her walk to the table. She sat in her usual chair next to Niccolò before taking her napkin to put it on her lap while watching her parents suspiciously.

"Good." Salvaro said, laying his hands flat on the table, looking at his family members every turn."I think a family conversation is needed."

"What's happening ? What are you doing here?" Anxiously asked Nicco impatient.

"It has come to my ears that my family acts behind my back for most of the year."

"You mean to say that you made us follow." Corrected Martika's in a passive-aggressive way.

Alba widened her eyes to this new information confirming all her worries before turning her head sharply to Niccolò. The latter immediately caught her eyes visibly equally taken aback.

Salvaro gave a smile with wrinkled lips in the direction of his wife before turning to his two visibly restless children."I must say I didn't expect that from my kids."

"Dad-"

"But I'm also proud to see how much you grew up." Salvaro retorted, giving a sharp glance at his two children."Especially you Alba. You managed to get rid of your mother to save your brother. I know now that you're ready for everything for each other."

Honestly, Alba was completely speechless in the face of such revelations. She didn't know how she should feel. How could her father feel proud after what they had done. Niccolò had ended up taking drugs under pressure and Alba had lowered herself to her mother's side to kick her out of their house.

How could he condone such actions?

"Is this a joke?" Repressed Niccolò visibly as incredulous as his sister.