Chapter 9

Die A Hero Or Become A Villian

Punisher looked the heroes in their eyes. A soft but cold wind brushed against their faces. Her grip tightening but could drop the girl at any minute. The heroes stood their stance, Chat was studying, unsure of how to move.

Pale Icy ocean blue eyes searched them. Looking for any signs of movement. Lila was looking at them, emotions waved and drowned her, you could see them flashing on the girl. All the tears that fell from her face were dried by the wind that burned her cheeks. Whimpering as she was unable to yell for help.

"You fight me, I drop her, you stay put, I drop her."

Chat pursed his lips. But before he could think of a plan Rena Rouge began to speak. "Marinette, please don't do this, if you kill Lila. You're just as bad as her." Right then and there, something in Punisher clicked. She threw Lila to the ground of the roof. Lila started writhing in pain. Punisher Looked at Rena with furious eyes. Staring deep into the heroine's soul, making her shudder. "Do not EVER compare me to HER!" She yelled.

Rena frowned. Getting ready to speak again but wasn't expecting to see a silver hammer come towards her face. Chat got his baton. Wincing as he put his strength in pushing the hammer forward when it tried to come down.

Chat looked at Rena. "Go!" He yelled. The fox clad hero ran away. Chat slid under. He returned to Rena Rouge's side. Punisher charged again, Chat using his baton to clash again. It was more like their first fight now, fighting but not wanting to. Their weapons slammed against each other before Rena's flute came to hit into Punisher's back.

The thin instrument couldn't do much. But Punisher let out an audible mumble that sounded like ow. Turning away as she looked at the two heroes. Rena let Chat fight Punisher. Before playing a tune on her flute while Punisher was distracted.

Punisher is hit by the flute once again. She growls. It annoyed her, she hit Rena with her elbow before getting hit by a baton. She dodged away, panting for air as she watched them defensively. She got tired much easily, it was two against one.

Rena Rouge stood, holding her flute to her chest with guilt and sympathy. "Marinette. This isn't the way, you have to quit this, for your friends, and your best friend. Something she said triggered something in the girl. Because the way she was breathing hard wasn't from fighting. It was anger.

"So now you're my best friend" She seethed.

Rena gaped. "How did you-" She was cut off when she was hit, Rena was flung and she clutched the edge of the building. She grunted pushing herself back up onto the roof, going to help Chat who was taking blows and dodging. She wasn't hesitating anymore, she was angry. And the cat was struggling.

Rena went to attack but was stopped. Punisher grabbed her flute. And forced Rena Rouge down to the ground. Chat clutched his arm grinding his teeth in pain. Getting his baton when he saw the rise of her hammer. Rena got up and punched Punisher, all of this felt terrible.

She grabbed Chat pulling him away, with the blow of her flute illusions replaced them and they jumped away.

Rena and Chat watched from above, Punisher fought the illusions as they stayed low. Chat heaved. Holding his arm. Rena looked at him. "How bad did she get you?" Chat didn't look at her, he seemed a little ticked. "She hit my arm bad, she's pissed." His ears went flat, he looked sad.

Rena sighed, returning her gaze to Punisher, they had a little time out before Punisher caught on.

Her hammer swung at both of them and puffs of orange smoke rose, floating away. Punisher stomped her foot on the ground. Looking up and catching the heroes gaze.