44

"Bubba, please don't cry-"

Jimin's pleading was interrupted when Jungkook startled trembling and tears fell, quiet whimpers escaping his lips.

"Fucking step on my balls." Jimin muttered, wincing when the cries got louder.

He held the baby close, shushing him and pulling him onto his lap. Taehyung stomped into the room, glaring at the merman. He lowered himself to the cold floor where the two were sat, scowl never leaving his face.

"What did you do this time?" Taehyung murmured, patting Jungkook's lower back.

"I didn't do anything." Jimin rolled his eyes at the younger. "He's just sensitive, dumb ass."

"What's the matter, Koo?" Taehyung cooed, tickling the boy's neck. Jungkook squirmed away, pressing his face in Jimin's neck.

"Get Nibbles." Jimin decided, noticing how the boy's crying immediately lowered in volume at that.

"No, you get it." Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"I've kind of got my hands full here, genius." Jimin snarked, rubbing circles on Jungkook's back through his soft sweater.

"Then let me hold him."

"No, you always get to hold him."

"Not always!"

"Mmh!" Jungkook whined, pouting up at the bickering two with teary eyes and a frown. He hated hearing them argue, even though it basically happened every day. They were never serious, but Jungkook didn't like it.

"Sorry, Bubba." Jimin leaned in and rubbed noses with Jungkook to distract him. It did, the baby giggled with shiny eyes, puckering his lips out for the older. Jimin smiled widely and pressed their lips together softly.

By the time their little moment was over, Taehyung was walking back in the room with Nibbles. He handed it over to Jimin with a sigh, sitting down on a chair and watching the two from the other side of the room. Jungkook took it from Jimin's grasp immediately and chewed on one of the ears.

"What're you doing over there, you fucker?" Jimin muttered, looking back to raise his brows.

"I'm sitting down." Taehyung monotoned.

"Get over here." Jimin hissed, frowning at the sarcasm.

Taehyung smirked and stood, returning back to the spot on the floor. The baby on Jimin's lap moved himself over to Taehyung's the moment he sat down. He continued nibbling on the rubber ring while pressing himself closer to Taehyung's warm body.

"Is that your way of telling me you actually like me?" Taehyung raised his brows at the merman, a smirk on his lips.

"You fucking wish." Jimin scoffed, shaking his head so his bright hair fell in front of his eyes.

Jungkook suddenly giggled, causing the two to shift their focus to the human. Jungkook's eyes moved from Jimin to Taehyung, back and forth.

"What, Koo?" Taehyung hummed, brushing some of the long hair out of his precious eyes.

"You guys are cute." Jungkook giggled even more, blushing softly. Taehyung and Jimin were appalled.

"No way, I hate him." Jimin shook his head once again, more vigorously this time.

"Right back atcha." Taehyung muttered.

"That's what Joonie and Yoongi say but they cuddle each other!" Jungkook blurted out before he could think about what he was saying.