Chapter 29:

Kjayy

"I thought you had to work today?" I asked walking into my room where Chanel was laid out watching TV.

"I called off." She mumbled.

"Okay." I said confused since she doesn't believe in calling off so she never has before.

I sat on the bed near her lifting her shirt to place my hand on her still flat stomach. She's eight weeks today, she has an appointment in a couple weeks and I can't wait.

"Can you like not?" She said moving my hand and pulling her shirt down.

"Fuck wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I just don't wanna be touched."

"You bullshitting." I mumbled. "You eat?"

"Mhmm." She mumbled again.

"Well can you make me something to eat?"

"No."

"Fuck you keep mumbling for? What you mean no?"

"Kody leave me the fuck alone!" She snapped.

I sat there for awhile just staring at her.

"Whatever you want Chanel." I said standing up and walking downstairs to the family room turning the tv on. I don't got time for her funky actin ass.

*

"Ko' where Nelly?" Karma asked through the phone.

I yawned stretching I didn't even realize I fell asleep down here.

"She's upstairs. This obviously ain't her phone."

"No shit smart ass. She's not answering, it's going to voicemail."

"Hold on." I said walking up the stairs.

I stopped as I stared at the empty bed. TV off, light off, bathroom light off.

"She's not here." I mumbled confused.

"What? The hell do you mean she's not there?"

"Chanel!" I yelled jogging down the steps. I looked out the door seeing her car gone.

"What the fuck? I'll call you back Kar." I said hanging up not waiting for a reply.

I called Chanel's phone only for it to go to voicemail. I grabbed my keys walking out the door.

*

My phone rung as I pulled up to Chanel's condo where her car wasn't either.

My phone rung. I was hoping it was Chanel, but it was my mom.

"Not now mom. I don't know where the fuck Chanel is and her phone is going to voice-"

"She's over here Kjayy." She cut me off.

"What? I'm over here fuckin panicking and shit because I didn't know where she was!" I rubbed my face trying not to become more pissed off. "I'm on my way."

When I got to my mom and dad's I walked in and immediately begin scanning for Chanel.

"She's upstairs in your old room." My mom said standing in the kitchen entrance.

"I'ma kill her for scaring the shit outta me." I say as I start to head towards the steps but stop when mom calls my name.

"Let me talk to you for a minute." I followed her into the kitchen.

"Do you know how far along Nel was when she miscarried?"

I shrugged shaking my head. "She never told me and I don't think I ever asked."

"Eight weeks." She said.

I looked at her confused until it clicked. "She turned eight weeks today."

She nodded. "Kjayy that poor girl is scared shitless of being pregnant."

"What? She never said anything to me. I didn't want to force her into getting pregnant." I said rubbing my head. "If she didn't want a baby-"

"That's not it. She wants a baby, she's just scared of losing y'all second baby. It scarred her Kjayy. Bare with her on rough days like this through out her pregnancy, because she's gonna have them. No matter how scared she gets and begins pushing you away don't let her. She needs you."

I nodded taking in all that she said. I just wish Chanel would come to me when shit is bothering her. "I'ma go up there."

She nodded. "Go. Be with your girl lover boy."

"Chill ma." I said laughing walking out the kitchen.

I walked into my old room to Chanel laying in the dark. Her hand was on her stomach as she stared at the ceiling.

I took off my shoes laying down near her. She tensed as I begin pulling her into me.

"Stop running from me." I said kissing her forehead. She softened moving all the way into my side.

"We're gonna be fine." I whispered placing my hand over her stomach. This time she didn't move my hand.