Chapter 6

Gabriel's POV

I'd never in a million years think I would get into an accident and loose my eye sight. Having to depend on someone else to help me do almost everything was crazy to me, I felt useless physically and emotionally. The toil of what Felicia did and this was just too much. Everything happened because of her, love wasn't just for me and I never think I'll be able to fall in love again. I'd be a loner for sure. I heard my phone go off. Searching on the bed for where my phone would be I quickly found it and try to pick it up. After successfully doing that I put it on my ear and i recognised the ringtone was from my doctor. Before the accident I had distinct ring tones for everybody on my contact list that was just the way i worked, I guess I did all that just for this moment. It was way easier for me like this.

"Hello, Dr. Grant Is there a problem?"

"No not at all Mr. Giovanni. I just called to make sure you were doing well."

"I could be better but it's no fuss."

"You just have to try and stay with this for 2 months. The appointment we have with doctor kapoor is in 2 months and you know his waiting list is quite long. We had to pay a huge sum of money to bring you up the list. But in 2 months you'd be able to get your sight back Gabriel we have prepared everything for your surgery."

I didn't know how to feel but for sure i was happy about the improvements towards the surgery. After the accident we inquired for surgery but they didn't have any free spaces opened at all; with a little push and a lot of money we finally got that space.

"Thank you so much Dr. Grant. I'll talk to you later." Just as I put the phone down on the bed I heard the door open and someone walk into my room. The only person that could walk into my room without any courtesy was Luca plus he had called earlier to say he was coming over.

"Luca?" He rushed over and jumped on the bed.

"Hey man, whatsup?"
"What do you think bro, I can't see and I'm so frustrated at the whole situation. But i was on the phone with Dr. Grant and he said my surgery has been fixed."

"That's good to hear man. You'll finally get your eyesight back and come back to work.
You know everyone is missing your arrogant presence " we both laughed and sighed at the same time. Luca and I had been bestfriends since diapers, both of our parents were friends and they decided to make us friends too. We went to college and university together. We were polar opposites though but you know what they say opposites attract. He is the more bold and in your face one, I'm more of a I like to stay in my comfort zone one and when we come together it just works. We got Into fights together and you know all the stuff guy friends do, we did all. Although he's more of a man whore than I am.

"So tell me about Sisi." Luca sudden said. What?? Who the hell is Sisi.

"Yeah, who is this Sisi you're talking about. "
"Like Sisi as in Sierra as In your 'personal maid'."

"Ohhh but why are you calling her  that though? And why the hell should she be in our conversation or even line of thought?" Laughing he replied with a " Well she said her friends called her Sisi and from this moment I consider her a friend. She's really cute you know. Too bad you can't see her. Well not bad for me cause she has everything a man wants ; the look, the body, the humour. We're basically a match made in heaven."

I scoffed at this humans reason of thinking. Sierra cute? as if, although I haven't seen her; his description of her and her personality didn't go hand in hand at all. She was a total blabbermouth and overall pain but it would just be for 2 months, I can totally survived that.

"I honestly thought you were serious with Amanda but seeing the way youre talking about someone else like you have known her for so long is telling me otherwise. What is wrong with you Luca you follow every single thing with a skirt on. It's totally not healthy at all man."