Sleeping with the enemy's daughter *part 3* (Peter Parker)

I walked along the street, on my way to Peter's apartment. It had been a week since he had told me that he needed a break, and I was determined to get answers. I knew Peter, and I knew that he wouldn't have done what he had unless he had a fucking good reason. And I was going to find out what that reason was. I gulped, butterflies starting to form in my stomach as I got to his building. I headed up the stairs and along the hallway to his apartment. I knocked on Peter's door and waited for a response. Peter opened it, and his eyes widened as he saw me.

"Y/N, what-what are you doing here?" he gulped as I barged past him and into his apartment.

"Cut the bullshit, Peter, you know why I'm here. You haven't answered a single text or call since dinner with my parents, you're doing everything you can to avoid me, it literally feels like you broke up with me without actually telling me, when I thought our break was only temporary, whilst you figured shit out." I scoffed before turning around to look at him. My eyes widened as I only just saw the state that he was in. He was in his Spiderman suit, which looked charred and slightly bloody, the arm holding his waist telling me that he was injured.

"Peter, what happened?" I scoffed, also noticing his bleeding nose, dirty hair and bust lip.

"We need to talk." He nodded before limping through to his room. I gulped, my heart starting to pound as I felt like I was about to be broken up with for good. I walked in as Peter was peeling his suit off of his shoulders, wincing at whatever pain he was in.

"Sweetheart, I need you to stitch me up again." He mumbled, turning around so he was facing me. My eyes widened slightly as he had several massive slashes across his perfect chest.

"Peter, this is almost as bad as the first night that you rolled into my room." I gasped, looking at the blood dripping down his chest.

"Yeah. I figured." He gave me a weak smile before collapsing into my arms.

"Peter, Jesus." I puffed, groaning as I dropped him onto his bed.

"Who did this to you?" I gulped, grabbing the first-aid kit that he kept in his room for times like this one.

"That's what I need to talk to you about." He sighed as I sat back down next to him. I gulped again, knowing that it couldn't be anyone good, especially looking at the state of him.

"This is going to hurt." I warned as I poured the rubbing alcohol onto a cloth before starting to clean one of the many slashes. Peter immediately groaned at the pain, gripping his headboard and squeezing his eyes shut.

"I'm sorry." I gulped, hating to see him in so much pain.

"Not your fault, sweetheart." He mumbled, making me give him a small smile as I continued to clean his wounds.

"So, what's the thing that you really need to tell me?" I asked, helping Peter sit up. He winced, still holding his waist as he sat up and swung his legs over the side of his bed before looking at me.

"You know the guy with wings who I've been fighting for the last couple months? The vulture, I think he's called. He's the one who did this to me." He nodded, looking at me.

"Well, as much as I hate it, Pete, that's hardly new. That asshole has been hurting you for months." I sighed. He returned it and looked down at my hands before taking them.

"What I'm about to tell you, is...so fucking hard to tell you." He scoffed, looking at me. My eyebrows furrowed as he had tears in his eyes.

"Peter, you're starting to scare me." I gulped. He looked at me.

"The reason why I froze as soon as I saw your dad was because...we recognised each other." He spoke. I looked at him.

"What?" I gulped.

"Your dad is the vulture, Y/N." he admitted, looking into my eyes. My eyes widened.

"H-he, he can't be." I choked, shaking my head.

"After dinner, when I left, he came outside and talked to me. He told me that if I didn't break up with you, he would kill me the next time he saw me, which was why I have so many slashes. He tried to kill me. And he told me that if I told you the real reason why I ended it, which obviously I didn't, he would kill May too. That's why I was avoiding you, I couldn't put May in danger like that." He gulped, looking at me. I bit my lip, tears running down my face as I looked at him.

"It's okay, I understand, I would have done the same thing, I just...I can't believe he did that. To you, especially. He knows that I love you." I spoke, looking down at my shaking hands.

"Hey." He replied softly, gently taking my hands in his. I looked up at him through glassy eyes.

"I'm so sorry that you had to find out like this. And I'm so sorry that I've been ignoring you. I was just so worried that he would do everything he threatened to do." He nodded as he cupped my face.

"You don't have to be sorry, Peter, he does. It makes sense now. All of the last-minute flights? All of the shady replies when asked about his job? Hell, even the fact that he gets randomly bruised and hurt like you do should have told me." I scoffed, shaking my head.

"It's okay, sweetheart. It's okay." He nodded before pulling me into his chest. I held onto his chest, my head in the crook of his neck as his hands rested on me, one on my back and the other holding my head in place against his torso.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I'm so sorry." He mumbled into my hair, and a tear left my eye as I knew why he was apologising.

"I know that you have to take him in. And I'm not going to hate you for it." I promised, making him sigh in relief.

"In that case, I need to go. I beat him up pretty badly too, he won't be moving fast." He replied as he gently stroked my hair. I nodded, sniffing slightly as I sat up, letting Peter get up.

"Thanks for patching me up, angel. You'll always be my favourite nurse." He smiled cheekily, though I could tell that he was still slightly weak as he pulled his suit back up his body before pressing the logo, making it tighten around him. He looked at me and sighed.

"I love you. You know that, right?" he asked.

"I know, Pete. And I know that you're only doing what you have to do." I nodded. He returned it and gave me a small smile before leaning down and kissing me again. I returned it, cupping his cheek to bring him closer momentarily. He broke the kiss and touched our foreheads, both of our eyes still closed before Peter took a step back. I opened my eyes to see him pulling his mask on, his face disappearing under the Lycra before tucking it into the neck of his suit. He went to his window and opened it before looking at me.

"I love you, sweetheart." He spoke, his fake cheesy tone trying to make me feel better.

"I love you too, Pete. Go get him." I nodded, giving him a reassuring smile, but it was forced. Peter nodded, and I could tell that he had a sympathetic look under his mask as he jumped out of his window and disappeared.