003.

CHAPTER THREE,
1844 , eternity

Until the end. Acadia would never realise the importance of those words until decades to come.

Ever since the Mikaelsons settled themselves in the Hemming home, everything began to swell smoothly. Business for Richard has bloomed for the month the Mikaelson family has stayed, increased profits that were split with the wealthy family and the friendship between family growing. Richard was even on his best behaviour - that being a decent human being. No messing around with maids, no being a pompous cock.

Acadia couldn't help but smile as she ate her breakfast. The Mikaelson's and Hemming's all surround the grand wooden table, topped off with pastries, meat, eggs and bread. Numerous spreads laid out precisely around the centre as each glass drink was topped off with different fruit juices. Despite Richard, whose delicately detailed glass was topped with whiskey.

"Richard, friend, any new land?" Elijah spoke. Despite his interested tone, it didn't seem that he cared.

Richard eyed the eldest Mikaelson and scratched his jaw. "Ah, yes."

Klaus looked at Elijah, then at Richard. Ah, yes. It was a questioning glare with a tint of a smirk washing over Klaus' toned lips. "Where to? I hope you're using the money tactically."

Acadia's eyes filtered between the three men as the suspension and the confusing conversation began to build. "I do know what land to sell, Niklaus. Vast fields, away from flood plains - perfect land for farmers. It increases profit... Does that satisfy you, Klaus?"

The man smirked to himself as he raised his fork to his own mouth. "Very much so."

Richard side eyed the man before exhaling a gulf of air, jabbing his fork into pieces of meat and egg. "How are you enjoying your stay, Rebekah?" He asked with a smile.

The blonde sister smiled sweetly, although like her brother, didn't mean it. "Oh, it's amazing, Richard. I do have a question..."

"Go ahead."

"How do you get those pillows so fluffy?" Acadia smiled to herself, slightly side eyeing a grinning Kol whose eyes locked with hers. They shared a small smile before listening to the conversation again. "It's magical."

Richard smiled at her interest and waved his hand towards a different room to which you enter through a wooden arch to one of the household maids. She was quite young, not as young as Acadia reaching 18 but younger than 30. She had soft features, a gentle touch and grew red around her cheeks and ears when Richard grasped her upper arm gently. Odette didn't dare look.

"Can you begin to clean up?" He said loudly, firm and domineering. Anna, the housemaid, shook her head and began to circle the wooden table to take empty plates and glasses back to the kitchen. "So, shall we get back to work?"

Elijah hummed and stood up from the table, bushing down his tailcoat as Klaus followed. "We shall." The man said, briefly eyeing the youngest male Mikaelson who stayed situated beside Acadia, his eyes scanning the side of her face. Soon enough, the three men left the large dining room towards an office behind a large wooden door and Anna dispersed back to the kitchen.

Leaving behind the three women and Kol.

Acadia shared a small look with Kol, a slither of a smirk while Rebekah looked between the two with furrowed brows. "Kol-"