(54)

Song Above: Pick Up Your Phone.

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"Are you kidding me?"

Ryan's laughter roared throughout the confined space. He had to hold onto the shelve to stop himself from toppling over.

It was the kind of laughter that was uncomfortable to listen to.

My eyes rapidly flickered between him and Brody who's face looked far from impressed. His eyes narrowed into slips, a vein was visible in his neck and his fists were held tightly to his sides.

"Are you done?" Brody said through gritted teeth, "I haven't got time to listen to your bullshit,"

Ryan let out one last loud and obnoxious laugh before patting his stomach and regaining himself, "Well if I told you I was surprised I'd be lying," He looked directly at me and I visibly shank against the bookshelf, "I thought you were just friends. Were you fucking him when you were with me?"

"Do not speak to her like that,"

"I'm talking to Ivy not you," He spat without even looking at Brody. I could see his patience wearing thin.

Ryan wasn't an angry type. So to see him like this scared me.

My eyes darted to the floor. God I was such a wimp, "No of course not,"

"You're lying," His words were spat out with the ferocity and rapidity of machine gun fire.

"Do not call her a liar," Brody's fuse simmered and fizzed like a firework in a chill autumn breeze. He took a step forward and so did Ryan. I quickly squeezed in between them in hope they'd come to their senses and stop.

There was only so many times they could keep hitting each other.

"Guys, you need to calm down," I put my hands up against their chests trying to be the Switzerland in the situation, "You do not need to swing at each other to prove that you're the dominant male,"

Ignoring my comment Ryan's sad eyes met mine,"How could you do this? He's my brother. I felt bad about Charlotte, I even apologised to you, I didn't want you to hate me," I felt the tension and could hear the intensity in Ryan's tone. There's was a great deal of emotion behind his words as he was speaking, "But then all along you'd been going behind my back? How is this fair?"

"Step brother," Brody corrected him and I saw Ryan's eyes narrow.

"Of course. No one blood related would do this to me." Ryan spat.

"I mean wasn't your mom fucking my dad whilst she was still married to your dad?" Brody mocked and I mentally cursed. He was not helping to defuse this situation whatsoever.

Before Ryan could murder Brody I stepped in his line of sight and tried to steady my voice, "Look, we were never meant to hurt you," .

"So this whole time we were together you were with him?" He looked down at me, hurt, anger and embarrassment evident in his blue eyes.

"No Ryan," I shook my head, "We weren't together when we were together,"

I couldn't bring myself to tell him we'd kissed at the escape room.

"Then explain this?" He blurted as he gestured widely between me and Brody.

"It just happened okay? It was never an ulterior motive or anything. I didn't think in a million years this would happen,"

"But you wanted it to happen," He said more as a statement than a question.

"I uh urm-" I stammered and he took that as my answer. He sucked in a harsh breath and with one last sad look in my direction he turned all his attention to Brody.