(33)

Song Above: BANNERS Start A Riot

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"I don't know why you eat those," Rose turned her nose up at the celery in my hand.

I narrowed my eyes taking another bite, "It's good for you,"

"It's tasteless," She corrected

"You're tasteless," I said with my mouth full and she rolled her eyes, leaned back in her chair and flipped me the bird.

I laughed hard, so hard my stomach strained and I thought I might grow some abs. I had to hold the table in order to regain myself and I don't know why I thought this was so funny. Maybe I'd truly lost it.

"What's so funny?" I looked up to see Ryan and Brody hovering by our table with their food trays in hand. My laughter stopped.

"Nothing really," I said and it was true.

"Right," Ryan said suspiciously slipping into a seat, whilst Brody followed.

Both boys were sat as far away from me as they possibly could be. I secretly sniffed my armpit in the hope it wasn't because I smelled but I knew the real reason.

Ever since the escape room, Brody had avoided me. It felt like it was an ongoing cycle of him being okay, then not being okay, then being okay again and I just couldn't deal. He had kissed me. Fact. We could pretend that it never happened until our faces turned blue if that's the game he wants to play. Then game on.

Ryan on the other hand didn't exactly avoid me, but he didn't make the effort to find me. There was an unmissable tension since I rejected him. One I couldn't shake. There was no reason for him to be mad because I wasn't ready to sleep with him. Come on it's 2019 for god sake. Get a grip. I just had this weird sixth sense that something else was going on.

Whether I wanted to find out that was the question.

"How's your day been?" Rose asked completely unaware of the awkwardness and tension at the table. Sometimes I wished I could be in Rose's world. It must be so safe and peaceful there.

Brody coughed to clear his throat, "I just had Geography and I swear Mrs. Crey wants to kill me,"

"Miss Crey wants to kill everyone," Ryan chuckled shaking his head and then taking a bite into his sandwich.

"She's always been nice to me," I shrugged and both boys looked at me, their expressions blank and unresponsive. I gulped and took another chunk of celery into my mouth so I didn't have to speak anymore.

"You excited for your birthday Rose?" Ryan asked.

It was weird that my boyfriend and my best friend's birthday weren't that far apart.

"Yeah super excited actually, don't know what I want to do yet," She smiled and I noticed her hand move to Brody's lap under the table. He didn't react to it and carried on eating his lunch.

"Hopefully it won't  be as bad as last year," I said

Roses cheeks turned pink at the memory "I don't think anything could be worse than last year,"

"What happened last year?" Ryan asked and we both burst out laughing.

"Let's just say there were cake, lanterns, and pandas involved," Rose said after regaining herself.

"You got any special plans for her?" Ryan directed at Brody and he rolled his eyes.

"Not any that I'm going to tell you," He said through a mouth full, I watched as he took a gulp of water and as he put the bottle down our eyes met for the first time today.