(29)

Song Above: Ocean Khalid

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

I walked along the beach, the sand in between my toes and the sun hot enough to cover me in an invisible blanket of warmth. I was lucky I had taken precautions and dosed myself with sun cream so I didn't burn this time around.

I narrowed my eyes at the memory of my cheeks. I had to wear a cap and sunglasses for a week to hide them. Ryan had been cute and brought me aloe Vera, which helped a lot. Brody kept his distance for a while knowing it was the safest option. He'd quickly walk in the opposite direction whenever he saw me and he was always suspiciously busy whenever Rose wanted to hang out with us.

If I caught him who knows what I'd do.

He couldn't avoid me forever and in the car, I think I heard something along the lines of an apology. The word that came out his mouth sounded like a sorry but it was strained and I wasn't too sure if he was speaking English. He didn't do it of his own accord. Rose made him do it and for that, I was grateful to her.

I glanced at my friends and smiled. Rose was walking as if she had crapped herself because her sandals kept filling with hot sand and Ryan and Brody were messing around with the football they had brought.

We had taken a road trip to the beach before we went to the escape room for Ryan's birthday. The day was hotter than normal and our time slot wasn't until the evening so we had some time to kill.

What's better than going to the beach?

After a while of surveying, I found a spot that wasn't filled with sharp stones, wet sand or had loads of people near it and laid my towel out. I was wearing a light denim high wasted skirt and a white off the shoulder top. I had my swimsuit underneath but I wasn't sure if I'd take my clothes off just yet.

Despite the fact all of the people who were with me had seen me naked, I just wasn't comfortable exposing myself just yet. Rose already had her skimpy pink bikini on display with a cosmopolitan magazine in hand and the boys were half-naked running towards the ocean, yelling and trying to shove each other towards the waves.

I tried to divert my eyes away from their torsos. The way their muscles flexed and their sun-kissed skin glowed under the light made my stomach flutter. Especially certain someone.

I was still in the process of training my body to not react that way towards him, but sometimes I relapsed.

"They're mental, the ocean will be freezing," I shook my head of any unwanted thoughts and applied more sun cream to my legs. I was not taking any risks.

Rose eyes peeked up from her magazine, "When their balls freeze they won't be in there anymore,"

We both laughed, which caused them to turn their heads towards us. They both looked confused which only made us laugh more.

"Don't worry we're talking about you, not to you," I yelled and they rolled their eyes and carried on diving through the waves.

Ryan had got a mouth full of saltwater and pulled a disgusted face coughing and spluttering, whilst you could barely see the top of Brody's head as he bobbled along in the water. He shouted at Ryan that sounded like something along the lines of "Man up," which Ryan then flipped him bird whilst trying to regain his breath.

I watched as they smiled and laughed, which in turn made me smile and laugh. It was in rare moments like this that you really got to see the bond Ryan and Brody had.