(42)

Song Above: Lights Down Low MAX

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"What are you thinking?" I said as I draped the bedsheets over my shoulders, wrapping them tightly around me and walking over to Brody. He was sitting on the window ledge with his eyes locked on the noise and buzz of the party outside.

The glow from the fairy lights illuminated his features and his sun-kissed skin. He wore only jeans and his bare torso was so temping to touch. I reminisced about how it felt against mine and smiled.

He looked at me, returning a smile when he caught my admiring glance.

"You like what you see?" He cocked a brow with a smirk playing on his lips.

I rolled my eyes and lean against the ledge, "You know I do,"

"Yes I do," His eyes glistened as he grabbed hold of my waist and pulled me towards him. I had my back against his front and rested my head in the crease of his neck. He placed his chin on the top of my head and we both watched the motion outside.

The party was still in full swing. People were dancing and laughing. It was weird being an outsider looking in knowing you were once amongst it. I could see faces of people I'd known my whole life, blissfully unaware of their surroundings and only caring about that moment. They didn't care that in a month or so their world would change. They were living in the now, which I should have been doing.

"You never told me what you were thinking," I asked, the curiosity taking over. I had this obsession with knowing his thoughts. They were a secret I needed to know. I'd spent so long in the dark.

"I was thinking about how I used to live for parties. I'd count down the days until the weekend so I could go out and get wasted, but there's so much more to life than getting drunk and hooking up, you know?" He said his thumb stroking my arm as he spoke, "I wanna see stuff. The real stuff that not everyone gets to see,"

"Like the world?" I breathed.

I too felt like there was so much more that I needed to see. I wanted to see the Northern Lights, the Eiffel Tower and Buckingham Palace. I wanted to wake up on a beach and watch the sunrise or drink coconuts by the shore. I wanted to explore tropical jungles and live off only my backpack and the stars.

"Yeah, like the world," He repeated, his eyes slowly soaking in the surroundings outside as he spoke, "The people who are outside right now, how many do you think will stay in this town and never leave?"

"Probably most of them. They'll go to college and sway for a bit. But everyone here eventually comes back home,"

It was true. My parents grew up, got married and had me here. This was the same story for most people in this town. It was as if this town had a magnetic pull no matter how far across the world you went you'd always find your way back.

"I think as soon as I cross the border I'm never coming back," Brody said and I twisted my head to look up at him.

I never knew that he'd planned on getting as far away from this town as possible after high school. I mean I guess I never asked. I always assumed like everyone else did that he'd take the football scholarship he was likely to get.