(48)

Song Above: Give N Take

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"Brody slow down," I say with my heart thumping in my chest and my hands tightly holding the edge of my passenger seat.

Brody kept silent, his eyes wildly staring at the road ahead with his hands holding the steering wheel so tight his knuckles were white.

We'd left the restaurant as soon as Mona had told Brody his mothers killer was found. He'd shot up from his chair, slammed a couple of notes onto the table and stalked out without another word. I had to run after him, tripping on my dress a few times and nearly face planting. I wasn't equipt for running.

I had no idea where he was driving and I was concerned we wouldn't make it to wherever he was heading if he carried on driving at this speed.

"Brody please," I pleaded, reaching out and touching his shoulder. His whole body tensed at my touch, his head snapped in my direction with his deadly cold eyes glaring at me. I dropped my hand and cupped it against my chest as if he'd burnt me.

"Do not touch me," He spat and I felt the heat leave my face, "Do not fucking touch me,"

"You don't mean that," I whispered, loud enough so he could hear. I hated the way my voice wavered and tears started to swell in my eyes. I sucked in a shaky breath to stop them from betraying me.

For a split second his expression faltered, but in that split second, it also hardened.

"Don't tell me what I mean and don't mean Ivy," He let out a growl, "You don't know shit, you never did,"

"Brody, please don't do this, don't be like this,"

He was mad, that was granted, I needed to remember that anger was born from pain and sadness. Once he calmed he'd be the Brody I knew, the Brody I loved. I needed to wait. I could wait.

"Oh just leave Ivy," He barked, "Just leave,"

Something snapped within me and I decided I'm not waiting, "Just leave huh? You want me to leave? How the fuck am I supposed to do that when you're driving like you're in fast and furious, you want me to jump out of the fucking car?"

"No, are you stupid? I don't mean leave right at this moment,"

"Oh of course," I rolled my eyes and sighed in frustration, "You mean as soon as this car stops I walk away from you all dramatically and I never see you again like some stupid movie, get over yourself,"

"Isn't that for the best?" He laughed humourless and gripped the wheel tighter, "Look at me and look at you, this was never going to work,"

"Brody your ability to push everything that gets even a little bit close to you is impressive," I shake my head. I was sick of being his verbal punching bag when he was angry, or when he didn't know how to deal with his emotions. He loved me, I knew he did and I loved him.

"I'm trying to save you," He yelled the sound so deep within that it forced its way out of his mouth. I flinched at the sound and instantly leant as far away from him as the car space would allow me. My eyes darted to my lap and I nervously played with my fingers, trying to focus on something other than the hard thumping of my heart.