CAPITOLO DODICI- Mission Brief

"I resort to violence, my killers move in silence."- DMX

Sicily, Italy📍
4:00 pm
August 31st '18

"Even after putting Cienna down to nap, it's no surprise that I'd be the first one down," Rheah voices, walking towards the chair in front of her father's desk. "I'm always the first one down to these meetings, just like I am the first Giovanni child, the first to win most challenges, first to make you a grandfather..."

Antonio, who was seated behind his desk, glances up from his phone to see his daughter taking a seat in front of him.

"Seems to me like I'm the face of nearly all of your first greatest achievements." She boasts, leaning back in her chair clasping her hands together on her lap. "Do tell me, Mr Giovanni, what is it like being the father to one of the most beautiful and amazing girls in the world?"

Antonio sighs taking off his glasses, "Sometimes I wonder between the girl and her sister, who will send me to an early grave first."

Rheah gasps, "The audacity of you to compare me to that tyrant!" She pouts playfully, "And here I thought you truly loved me."

Antonio couldn't help but chuckle at his eldest daughter's antics. Out of his three children, Rheah was the more collected one and usually the one to save him from the menacing behaviour of his younger children. But every once in a while she too liked to switch sides and enjoy poking the sleeping bear. It just so happened on this occasion unbeknownst to her she had poked him back into a lighter mood.

"My sweet pea, no scale could ever measure how much I truly love you." His emerald eyes lock with her brown ones, shining with affection, "Even amidst the most chaotic moments you always find a way to be the light within the darkness."

Rheah smiles feeling pride and love swell in her chest. There was no greater moment for her than receiving her father's affection and compliments.

"You know I've been thinking...." Antonio starts after their small moment of comfortable silence. The serious tone riddled within his words pulls Rheah's attention.

"...Do you ever see yourself being the head of all this?" He asks.

Rheah glances down, pondering on the question.

"Hmm...maybe once or twice," She shrugs looking back up at her father. "But then I think of Cici and-"

"She wouldn't have to be known," Antonio softly interjects.

But his words of assurance barely calm his daughter's troubled mind.

"No offence, Papa," She breathes out a soft hesitant sigh, fiddling with her fingers, "But I- I wouldn't want Cienna to grow up the way we did."

Antonio nods. "It's okay my child, I understand."

Her remark lingers in his mind during the short moment of silence that fell between them until he spoke up again, "You know I could never apologise for the way you and your sister have been raised because I don't regret my decision. However, I do acknowledge and understand it hasn't been the best or easiest way for both of you, and for that I am sorry."

"It's okay Papa," Rheah smiles, "I know and Leya knows it too. We understand why you do what you do and we don't hate you for it. Not when you continuously compensate that void with love you had no reason to give."

Antonio smiles softly at his daughter's warm words.

"You know, I often remember when Amalah asked me to be your father on her death bed. I was so angry and hurt that I just wanted to shoot you dead myself." He sighs, "knowing that you had survived and she didn't...It just made me so full of rage."