(44)

Song Above: Call You Home

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

The sunlight streamed through the window caressing my face like a gentle wake up call and I squinted in the brightness using the back of my hand to shield my eyes. I rolled onto my side, clinging onto the sheets and nuzzling my head amongst the pillows to steal a couple more minutes of sleep.

I heard a soft chuckle and I open an eye-catching Brody sat at the end of the bed watching me. He was showered, fully dressed and holding a wooden basket in his lap.

He hadn't mentioned the three words slip up and I didn't either. I assumed it was an in the moment kind of thing and didn't want to call him out on it. I'm not even sure he remembers saying it, to be honest, his mind was focused on something else.

There was a lot of heightened emotions last night. He'd finally felt comfortable enough to tell me about his mom, and let the walls he'd had up for so long down. I had no idea the weight that he had carried on his shoulders for so long. I'd always seen Brody as a carefree player, who flirted with everything that moved and loved irritating the hell out of me. I never considered that he had his demons he was dealing with. I never even considered that he cried too like the rest of us.

"Earth to Ivy," Brody's voice called me out of my thoughts and I looked up at him.

I nodded towards the basket, "What's in there?"

He placed the basket next to him, leaning over so his lips are inches away from mine and breathed, "Breakfast," His breath is minty fresh and makes my skin tingle in a good way. I smile and soak it all in. I thought about what delicious treats await me and I felt my stomach rumble.

I went to speak but then realisation dawned on me that I had yet to brush my teeth.

Lord knows what kind of rancid scent lived in my mouth right now. I shrink into the pillow so I'm as far away as possible and speak through tight lips allowing only a small amount of air to escape at a time.

"Are we having breakfast in bed?"

He scrunches his brows together, "Ivy, what's wrong with your lips?"

Heat travels up my neck and to my cheeks and I fling a hand over my mouth, "I haven't brushed my teeth yet, I didn't want to kill you with my morning breath,"

He chuckles, it's deep and throaty, "I don't care if you have morning breath, besides you were breathing on my face this morning and you were fine,"

"I was breathing on your face?" I gasp, mortified.

"Yeah, I woke up to your face like inches away from mine, you sprawl out when you are asleep, kinda like a starfish," He winks at me, "It's cute though,"

I did have only child syndrome. When I went to bed I wanted the whole bed, not just a tiny corner. I guess I would have to get used to sharing.

I'm surprised he still had his eyebrows if I was breathing on his face this morning.

"I'm so sorry about that," I hid my face in the sheets.

Brody yanked them from my grasp and looked down at me with warm eyes, "You don't need to be sorry," He cupped my cheek and stroked it with his thumb, "Now get dressed, we're gonna have breakfast by the lake,"

He leant down and kissed my forehead, his lips lingering for a couple of seconds before picking up the basket and straightening up.

The thought of eating breakfast in the morning sun with him made my heart flutter like a caged bird and I smiled. I wrapped the sheets around me and leant over to gather my clothes when the smile fell from my face.