25 Only one

"Get down! Now!"

"I'm trying!"

"Try harder!"

These men. Can't they understand it takes a long time to make a good messy bun? Like, it's messy, yeah, but it takes time and effort. If there are more than five hair strands out of the bun, I'm ruining it completely and starting over.

"Katherine!"

I groan and slap my hand on the sink.

"If you say one more word, I'll get down and kick your ass out of the house!" I shriek.

The house falls silent and now the only thing I can hear is my neighbor mowing his lawn. Does he not understand it is winter and snow was falling and soon will be falling?

These men.

I sigh, raising my hands to fix the half bun my hair has created. The stupid elastic gets stuck and I get the wish to cut all of my hair off.

"Fifty years later..." Wes's voice comes from downstairs and I swear I growl.

I was not joking.

I rush down the stairs, making sure I don't trip over my own feet. I see him perched on the railing of the stairs and my hands shoot up to grab his shoulders.

"Hey, what, wai -" He doesn't get to say anything more as I open the door wide and kick him outside. Once I make sure he didn't fall or break anything, I slam the door close.

I walk up the stairs, mumbling how annoyed and frustrated I am, when I hear the door open again and before I can even turn around, Wes scoops me in his arms.

Should've locked the damn door.

"Damn it." I groan exhaustedly, my body going limp. He laughs just as we reach my room.

He uses his foot to close the door, receiving a loud slam in return. I let out a half scream as he throws me on the bed, crawling on top of me soon after that. His dark hair tickles my nose and I blow at it softly.

"Jesus, how fast does your hair grow?" I question, noticing how he got a haircut not too long ago, and it has already reached his eyebrows.

"I don't know." He mumbles, dipping his head into my neck. "I like it long."

I snort.

"That's what -"

"Shut up." He says, but I can feel his smile curving on my skin. He places a soft kiss on the spot and I gently tangle my fingers in his hair.

"When's our flight?" I ask.

"In two days."

"I know that." I roll my eyes slowly. "I meant the time."

"Six in the morning?" He sounds doubtful. "I have to check again."

"You can maybe, um, sleep over that night?" I ask. He lifts his head, but I don't meet his eye, continuing to play with his soft hair.

"Can I?"

My cheeks flush. I'm never one to ask Wes to sleep over, it usually just happens coincidentally. I just nod in response.

"Cool." He grins. "We can put masks on, watch chick flicks -"

"Hell no." I shake my head, a look of horror replacing my expression.

"You'd look cute." He pokes my nose. I flinch away, using my hands to try and lift him off of me.

"Stop." He tries to do just that, stop me, but I push even harder onto his bicep.