{Chapter 3}

I was currently running through the halls trying to get to first period. If that meanie hadn't got in the way maybe I would've made it to class on time. Now I'm going to be late and it's my first day. I had said goodbye to Renna and we agreed to eat lunch together outside. I feel a little like crying but I'm going to hold it together so I don't look like a big baby.

I arrived at the door and ran inside. "May I ask why you're late to your first class?" The teacher who looked about in her late 40's asked me. "It's not my fault, I-i swear! I can explain!" I tried to tell her. "You have no one to blame but yourself!" She boomed. I guess I already know which teacher I dislike. "You have detention today after school, 3:20 sharp. Now if you would take a seat ms.....," she looked down at her clipboard, "May." Her eyes shot back up to mine. She was actually scary and her eyes were like steel. I gulped. "The only seat left would be next to
Mr. Kinley." She stated. I looked around and saw one empty seat next to a boy who had dark brown hair and was seemed to be staring off into space. I slowly walked over and sat down next to him.

The beginning of the class was pretty boring and I was still upset that I, Indigo May, had to go to detention on my first day. This is totally biscuits! I was approximately 7 minutes late and it wasn't even my fault. Towards the middle of the class Mrs.Waller, I learned her name was, told us to introduce ourselves to our desk partners. I'm honestly a little scared of that because he looks kind of scary. Maybe I shouldn't, he looks like he would punch me in the face. Or anyone really. Ignoring my better judgement I tapped him on the shoulder. He slowly turned around and looked me dead in the eyes. My eyes widened out of surprise. I was sure he was the boy I'd met in the street. Before I could only see him slightly in the street lamp, but now I can see his features much more prominently. He seemed to be confused though. "Um, hi.....again." I chuckled. "What're you doing here?" He asked me. "Well I'm at school of course. Well that wouldn't be WHY I'm here. I'm here to learn, so I can graduate and be successful, though I don't know if I ever will because that evil teacher gave me detention!" I ranted. Okay maybe I said more than necessary. "Okay um, not what I meant. What I meant was you're not like.....10?" He asked. I looked at him baffled. I may look young but not that young. Well I guess my clothes didn't help either. "10!? Are you crazy? I'm 17 and a well-rounded WOMAN." I said. He chuckled and it sounded so deep and hearty that I wanted to hear it over and over again. "Well- rounded, huh? I thought you got detention, yes?" He asked with a smirk. I glared my hardest glare at him. "You know you're not intimidating, right?" He said. Why did he have to make fun of me? "Oh yes I am! And why did you have to bring that up?" I said and looked down at my lap. "What's your name, princess?" He asked in a soft tone. I looked up at his pale green eyes with a smile. "Indigo Isabelle May. What's yours, greeny?" He laughed at my failed attempt at a nickname. I was pretty proud of that one. "It's Everett." He answered. He seemed so focused on me like maybe if he focused hard enough he would find the answer to everything.

At the end of class, the bell rang and it was time for next period. Before I could get my stuff together he was already getting out of his seat. He looked down at me and said "You look cute in butterflies, blue." Then walked away. I touched my hand up to my butterfly clips. He liked them.