[ twelve ]

| past fears |

e n e r g y

❝ e n e r g y ❞

The rusted boat sits on the edge of Africa's coast, inconspicuous and the perfect place to hide hundreds of dangerous black market weapons. With the exterior appearing as though it'll disintegrate at any second, it's no wonder it hasn't been discovered yet.

Accomplices run for cover while Ultron - who is now in an updated, stainless steel robotic body, no longer the broken wires they had last seen him as - berates Ulysses Klaue, oblivious to the Avengers moving through the shadows provided by the dim lighting. Celeste carefully unsheathes her fascine knife from the belt of her suit as Clint knocks an arrow, the two almost directly under the archway Ultron is on.

"Don't compare me with Stark!" He snarls, kicking the con man down a staircase. "It's a thing with me. Stark is a sickness!"

Tony, decked in the newest IronMan suit, flies into view and lands in front of Ultron, with Steve and Thor following behind him aa they confront the robot.

"Awe junior, you're gonna break your old man's heart."

"If I have to." Ultron shrugs indifferently.

"We don't have to break anything," Thor argues.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet," Ultron retorts.

"He beat me by one second," Tony huffs.

Ultron and the Maximoffs come into Celeste's line of vision as they walk towards the trio of superheroes, nearly meeting halfway along the archway.

"Those are the little shits I was telling you about," Clint murmurs.

"They're kids, practically babies," Celeste scoffs, shocked by the teenagers only a few feet above her. "How bad can they really be?"

"This is funny, Mr. Stark," Pietro chuckles dryly, his Sokovian accent thick. "It's what, comfortable? Like old times?"

"This was never my life," Tony says, a hint of sadness lacing his tone.

"You can still walk away from this," Steve tells the twins.

"Oh, we will," Wanda agrees.

"I know you've suffered-"

"Captain America," Ultron gags, cutting him off. "God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but it's there."

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it," Thor demands.

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet."

"Uh-huh," Tony scoffs. "What's the vibranium for?"

"I'm glad you asked that," Ultron says, his demeanor changing into a more hostile one. "Because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan."