chapter nineteen

Aries, Silas, and I stood in the kitchen. We had been home for approximately ten minutes and not a single word was exchanged between us. All that was exchanged was eye contact-between Aries and myself. Silas still wouldn't look at me which was annoying the fuck out of me.

As much as I tried to get them to speak, they wouldn't. I thought that I could've gotten Aries to break by angering him, but he seemed to turn into himself. He fell silent, and I was over antagonizing him. The only other option that I had left was Silas. If I couldn't get it from him, I had to leave. They didn't want me to leave, clearly. And quite honestly I didn't want to leave either but if I had to I would.

I made my way over to Silas. He slowly lifted his eyes, awaiting my arrival. He clearly hadn't anticipated my next move. He was sitting on the barstool in the kitchen. I did almost as Aries did to me, grabbing his face instead of his jaw. I caught him clearly off guard, clear shock on his face as his lips parted.

"You're going to tell me what's going on," I said slowly.

We were nose to nose, his blue eyes as clear as day. They reminded me of water, somehow still, cool, yet moving. If I wasn't so angry, I would've gotten sucked in. And even though I was halfway there, I wouldn't admit it.

His eyes moved away from me to Aries. I turned to Aries sharply, daring him to try to tell Silas not to say anything. But he didn't. He said nothing. So I jerked Silas' face back to me. His plump lips noticeably thinned.

"Tell me the truth, Silas," I said. He didn't seem as though he were going to break. "Now."

"Rafael and Samael are our friends," he said.

"And how do you know them?" I asked.

"How do you know your friends?" I heard Aries snap, briefly drawing my eyes to him. "That's a stupid fucking question."

"I wasn't talking to you, Aries," I said firmly. I could almost see a fire ignite in his eyes as he glowered at me. My eyes flickered back to Silas. "How do you know him?"

"If we tell you," he began, "how can we be sure that you won't talk?"

I sent him a flat look. "I haven't told my friends that I've fucked both of you. So I think it's safe to say I won't say a single word."

"We're trusting you," Aries said. "And we don't trust many people."

"Hm?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "Should I be flattered?"

"No," Aries said as I took a step away from Silas, letting go of his face. "You should feel honored."

I scoffed, turning to him with my arms crossed. "It is quite honestly disgusting just how arrogant you are."

"Yet you're still attracted to me," he replied with a smirk.

"Unfortunately," I responded, shaking my head to myself.

"Your father..." Silas suddenly trailed off, catching my attention.

I raised an eyebrow, unsure of where he was going. "What about my father?"

"He's an angel. You're a nephilim."

I paused for a minute. "I know."