drugin' | thirteen.

July 22, 2019

               KeyBank Pavilion

KeyBank Pavilion. Shantey dresses after her shower from her performance a few minutes before. She enters back into the dressing room with her team and Cruz, who sits on the couch eating McDonalds Shantey's assistant Julie ran to grab for him while his mother showered. Her phone rings, an incoming FaceTime from Romeo.

"Cru, bubba calling," she informs, as she sits beside him. She accepts the call and only a few seconds before her and Romeo's face takes over the screen. "Hey, Papa."

"Hi, Bubba," Cruz waves in front of the phone.

"Hey Mom and Cruz," Romeo blocks the sun from his face. "What are you guys doing?"

"I just finished performing a minute ago. Your brother is eating on McDonalds."

"Whatcha eating, Bubs?" Romeo asks Cruz through the phone.

"Chicken," the two year old holds up the chicken nugget.

"Yummy. You being good?"

"Lil bit," Cruz answers, chewing on his food which his brother and mother laugh.

"Bad. How's Hawaii? Where all the other hoodlums?"

"It's good. But they're in the water. We're on the beach." Romeo turns the camera to show the beach scenery.

"It's beautiful there. When are you guys coming back?"

Romeo flips the camera around to himself and says, "next week."

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, Papa." Shantey smiles, "I miss you."

"I miss you and Cruz, too. I be watching your performances on your fan pages. You can really sing, Mom. Not sing but sang."

"I be sanging?" Shantey asks through her laughter.

"Yeah," Romeo laughs along with her.

"I can hit some notes and tings."